What's new

late july early august finds

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2007
Messages
1,666
Reaction score
56
Golden Thread
0
Location
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
finally got some dive time in and things are getting interesting indeed. found our 4th axe head, a very old hammer,2 musket balls and a swivel gun ball. also found a brass keg or barrel tap,some odd hollow lead tubing, another colour button and a button or clasp with 2 hooks on the back. also found a hollow copper piece that I think was the tip protector for a bayonette sheath and a very nice sterling silver hair clasp. add a bunch of rusty old metal sheathing and about 20lbs of sinkers.

beachfindsjulyaugust2008.jpg


and last but not least this really cool copper indian with 3 turquoise stones, and yeah I looked very hard in near zero visability for number 4.

copperindian.jpg


happy hunting to all.
 
Upvote 0
Nice looking axe head. How old is it?
 
I found the match to your keg tap minus the handle a year or so ago. There was also one pictured in last months American Digger which was found in NJ.

Are the items under the tap ship spikes? I've found a few on the beach but was not sure what they were.

NJ
 
the things under the tap are lead tubes for ? the axe age is a good question, I plan on contacting the states archaeologist and have him look at all 4. the hammer is pre 1800 for sure.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom