Latest Finds - Gold & Ice Today, Victorian Silver Dime Last Week

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey all!

I’ve gotten out a few times since my post last month. I feel bad I haven’t been as active on here. Know that I do see a lot of your posts and appreciate all the hard work you’re putting into your hunting and posting.

7/28/20

I got out with my brother for a bit to a permission. He had worked it previously and gotten a dozen wheats so we figured there was more there. Thankfully I got a silver Washington out of a scratchy high tone signal. It was in the hole with a nail. He didn’t post but he got a couple Mercs out of the day!

Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

8/1/20

I got out to a beach spot I’ve worked before with my buddy Mike. I tinkered with some settings on the Nox and cranked the sensitivity up. It helped a lot! I was able to pull a number of high tones out of areas we’d worked hard before previously. The best find from the hunt was an 1885 Canadian Dime. My first Victorian silver. I was pumped about that! Also got a war nickel, Girl Scout pin and three Indians.

Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

Another crazy find from that day was a spill of about 100 organ reeds in a single hole on the beach. What the heck? That was wild.

8/11/20

I’m on vacation this week and noticed a beach I’ve had a little success at in the past has shifted around a bit. I tried a patch that used to be Sandy and is now rocky and got a 195x Rosie and a few wheats out of it.

Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

8/15/20

This morning my brother and I got up at 6 am and drove 45 minutes to try some new beaches with a good amount of history. Unfortunately we mostly struck out but I did accidentally get a modern gold ring while searching for oldies.

Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

Internal markings show 14K PSD. Appears to be real diamonds. Not a bad consolation prize for not getting any oldies out of our outing.

Thanks so much for looking you all and happy hunting!
-W

Upvote 26

azdave

Dec 12, 2014
southern AZ
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is some good diggings! Don't you hate finding a butt load of something weird like the reeds... you want to quit digging them and walk away, but at least for me, I have to stay until the last signal is found.

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice series of hunts and sweet little gold ring. I’ve found those reeds in concentrations before, but not nearly that many! You hit the mother load. Congrats

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey that canadian dime is a little rough, but a good year, 100 bucks in VG.
You just got to hate "accidental" gold finds...I know I do...NOT.

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the Victorian find...and you seem to always find tokens...you must have a pretty long streak with tokens...congratulations on your digs. :)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice hunt with a "little yellow" surprise, congrats! :occasion14:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome digs!
And you have answered a question for me that’s been driving me crazy....
I’ve found a ton of those damn things, now I know what they are.... organ reeds!

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love that Queen Victoria dime and the gold ring. Congrats on some great finds.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m crazy for Vicky silver, congrats on picking one out!

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Thank you so much for the kind replies all! I mostly use the Tapatalk app now which sadly is poor for replying individually to everyone.

The gold was an awesome, completely unexpected surprise. It’s my first metal detecting find my wife has ever claimed. Lol.

With the organ reeds, I just had to keep digging to know how many were there even though I wasted 30+ minutes I could’ve been hunting for old coins. My curiosity got the best of me! :)

The Vicky silver is one of my favorites. It’s been on my short list for a long time. The last monarch I need on a Canadian silver coin is now King Edward. I’ve been side-by-side with people twice while they’ve found Eddie silver so I’m sure it’s just a matter of time.

Hopefully more to share soon. Stay safe all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread