What's new

Latest Nickel Box

Santo10

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2008
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Here is what I received in my latest nickel box....

1917 Buffalo Nickel - condition not too good, but readable date...it is pitted...but still a neat find
1940 (2)
1941 (3)
1946
1947
1948
1951
1953 (2)
1954 (4)
1956
1957 (2)
1958
1959 (2)
 
Upvote 0
I finally found a war nickel today. I have gone through 5 boxes. I had all the war nickels from a purchase, but I liked finding my first in the wild.

Any ideas on the chances of me finding... 1938, 1938 d, 1938 s, 1939 d, 1939 s, 1950 d

-SWUSC
 
sfwusc said:
I finally found a war nickel today. I have gone through 5 boxes. I had all the war nickels from a purchase, but I liked finding my first in the wild.

Any ideas on the chances of me finding... 1938, 1938 d, 1938 s, 1939 d, 1939 s, 1950 d

-SWUSC

They are all findable. But you will either need to get lucky or do a lot of volume.

I have found multiples of all of them except 1938-S in the past 3-4 years.
 
Fully agree with my fellow nickel lover Gman that they are ALL findable.

I have yet to find a couple of them, but have found other low mintages.

I suggest you picking up ANY and ALL customer rolls you can in addition to your boxes of rip and tear rolls. Better odds in my experiences and with others I have talked to.

~Dave
 
I've put together three sets of Jefferson's over the last 20+ years. My next 50-D will complete my 4th. Fingers crossed!

Search those nickels! They may be the last big set you can still complete.
 
50-D will complete your 4th? WDF Immy!

What happened to you needed 10 for our competition!?!?!?

I'm confused! lol =)

~Dave
 
BBcardsRI said:
50-D will complete your 4th? WDF Immy!

What happened to you needed 10 for our competition!?!?!?

Oh I still need 10, but that's just for Search Year 2008. And sometimes I "roll over" my searches from year to year. F'ristance, my Search Year 2007 ended with six missing dates, but three of those dates have shown up this year, so technically I'm down to three.

But this year you're ahead of me Dave...so far ;D
 
Immy said:
I've put together three sets of Jefferson's over the last 20+ years. My next 50-D will complete my 4th. Fingers crossed!

Search those nickels! They may be the last big set you can still complete.

I've just completed my 2nd set in the past 3 or 4 years (haven't posted it yet) and I am probably only 1938-S and 1950-D short of a 3rd.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom