What's new

Latest Paper Currency Finds

kbinski

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2008
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Dont really come across these old style 10's anymore which is quite the bummer. Anything worth keeping on to? I am thinking about spending the 1999 $10Star note.
I keep all ones that are 1999 or older and all starnotes.
 

Attachments

  • 1\'s (Large).webp
    1\'s (Large).webp
    68.2 KB · Views: 562
  • 10\'s (Large).webp
    10\'s (Large).webp
    78.6 KB · Views: 563
The star indicates a bill that was replaced by the Federal Reserve,
Because of damage (tears, burns or just plain wear)

I have no Idea what makes the star so special really.
But I save them too...LOL

Watch the new $5.00 bills as well.
uncirculated (new)bills that have the 1996 date on them are mint error bills and command a premium.
 
the star bills have collectable value keep it and the radar bills do to the serial number read the same backwards and forwards and any bills with red letters or numbers and of course silvercertificates
 
olepossum said:
the star bills have collectable value keep it and the radar bills do to the serial number read the same backwards and forwards and any bills with red letters or numbers and of course silvercertificates

Blue ink, as well as yellow, I have seen brown too.
Barr Notes and a great number of things such as sequential serial #s are all reasons to save .
Best bet is to get a book on paper currency and figure out for yourself what end of the scope you are wanting to collect.
Nowdays anyone trying to collect the whole thing will go broke fast.
Best to pick one or two things and do them well.

Thom
 
Old Dog said:
The star indicates a bill that was replaced by the Federal Reserve,
Because of damage (tears, burns or just plain wear)

I have no Idea what makes the star so special really.
But I save them too...LOL

Watch the new $5.00 bills as well.
uncirculated (new)bills that have the 1996 date on them are mint error bills and command a premium.

Look for the U.S. 1975 quarter as well. Big premium on those as well.
 
nice finds i can not find a star ten for the life of me it get pretty frustrating :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom