What's new

Latest Virginia Finds

GTK96

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2012
Messages
392
Reaction score
158
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
~about 5 months worth...HH
 

Attachments

  • image-1921538825.webp
    image-1921538825.webp
    52.4 KB · Views: 131
  • image-2149531659.webp
    image-2149531659.webp
    51 KB · Views: 124
  • image-2550469937.webp
    image-2550469937.webp
    35.9 KB · Views: 112
  • image-3630367844.webp
    image-3630367844.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 114
  • image-2760513828.webp
    image-2760513828.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 117
  • image-231376393.webp
    image-231376393.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 115
  • image-3326697827.webp
    image-3326697827.webp
    44.5 KB · Views: 116
  • image-2431959744.webp
    image-2431959744.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 114
  • image-3914790540.webp
    image-3914790540.webp
    30.6 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 0
What part of VA you lookin'? Nice finds!
 
What part of VA you lookin'? Nice finds!
Peninsulas mostly, some Smithfield and Gloucester...southeast all of it
 
Love the pottery!
Those are just the interesting pieces, you can find about a Walmart bag per hour full of it at one spot in Gloucester I know of haha
 

Attachments

  • image-2835030226.webp
    image-2835030226.webp
    59.7 KB · Views: 121
  • image-3593454328.webp
    image-3593454328.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 111
Looks like you have been busy. How many times a week do you usually go?
 
Great finds NOTWORTY !!!! I like that last point ;)
 
What part of VA. are you in? Those little triangle points and some pottery designs look like what I find on Buggs Island. Nice stuff!!!
 
What part of VA. are you in? Those little triangle points and some pottery designs look like what I find on Buggs Island. Nice stuff!!!
Hey NC! Been a while since I got on here, I'm over in the southeast area, near Jamestown, Yorktown, etc
 
Hey NC! Been a while since I got on here, I'm over in the southeast area, near Jamestown, Yorktown, etc
good to see you back. I know lots of stuff got traded. The same tribes may have occupied that area as well as the areas nearer to me. Good luck! I hope you find many more in that area!
 
good to see you back. I know lots of stuff got traded. The same tribes may have occupied that area as well as the areas nearer to me. Good luck! I hope you find many more in that area!
Speaking of trading, I just got out this morning and found a crazy traded-in chert point...they sure did!
 
Speaking of trading, I just got out this morning and found a crazy traded-in chert point...they sure did!
Id love to see a pic of your point. The Occoneechee tribe controlled trade during protocontact era. They had control of 500 miles due to their language. They had a language that was easily translated. Cool deal! Glad to see your finding! I'm surprised you aren't snowed in. I have a white ground.
 
Looks like you have been busy. How many times a week do you usually go?
Sorry I didn't reply yesterday, didn't see it... I usually try and get out once or twice a weekend and if I find 1 or 2 points it's a good day, but I've been on a real good streak lately
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom