What's new

Launched boat...sank to gunnels....returned from hunt

Slugrusher

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2010
Messages
90
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Florida near that place
So. I launched the boat this morning. All set, me and wife to hopefully find something in a local "lake", that is off the ICW.

Got about 100 yards away from boat ramp and whammo. The keel separated from the boat at the bow.

Not all of it just the front of the bow area about 1 to 1.5 feet of it. It's an inflatable. This certainly ruined our day.
 
go to your local hardware store and get some butyl rubber in a tube and seal it back up and presto you're back in business
 
That doesn't sound like much fun.
I know.
Been there, done that.
As a kid I was on a wooden raft that sunk.
First the water put the deck awash,
then the water lapped at our ankles.
By the time the water reached our knees
we were already plotting our swimming lanes to reach shore
while waiting for our 'captain' to shout
'abandon ship!'
​
 
oldcoon said:
That doesn't sound like much fun.
I know.
Been there, done that.
As a kid I was on a wooden raft that sunk.
First the water put the deck awash,
then the water lapped at our ankles.
By the time the water reached our knees
we were already plotting our swimming lanes to reach shore
while waiting for our 'captain' to shout
'abandon ship!'
​

We enjoyed the sinkings as kids. I would be bummed to sink mine today. Be careful out there!! Always wear that life jacket.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom