What's new

LC, Indians, old dog tag, etc...

Wallhangers

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2008
Messages
897
Reaction score
59
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decided to spend the afternoon hitting a yard I have been watching. Owner was home, ground was moist, good to go. I only hit a small portion and will get back there soon. In the mix is an 1839 LC, two Indians (82, 94), 1903 dog license, 2 rich gilt flat buttons and some kind of decorative piece (might be a bridal rosette?)

101_3914.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Sweet LC and love the old dog tag. :thumbsup: I hope to find some older tags someday. WTG on the greenies, too. :hello2:

HH
 
Nice Digs, I like when the Indian Heads come out Green like that.
 
That "rosette"--is it lead-filled? It looks the right size.

If that is gilding on it, aluminum jelly or lemon juice will turn it into a REAL Eye-Popper!
 
BuckleBoy said:
That "rosette"--is it lead-filled? It looks the right size.

If that is gilding on it, aluminum jelly or lemon juice will turn it into a REAL Eye-Popper!
Yeah, Buck, lead on the backing which made me think it could be a rosette. I will have to try cleaning it as you stated, thanks. Any idea of the era of that style of rosette? I have found quite a few different styles over the last couple of years, I like them!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom