LDMA Outings

SilverStrike82

Apr 27, 2009
Fresno, CA
Howdy Howdy All!
I have a question regarding the LDMA outings. I have never been to an LDMA outing and I want to understand how it works. For the common operation- is it so many hours per day required, and you have to sign up for what time(s) you are wanting to work....or?? Please help, I am hoping to get in as much of my own time as possible AND work common operation, but again I don't even know if that's possible. Any help/advice/explaination would be most apperciated!

Happy Hunting! ::)
K

Upvote 0

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
I'm a GPAA member and the way that I understand it is an LDMA member can go on the LDMA and GPAA claims and time and work the claims for their fair share of the gold. A GPAA member can only go on the LDMA claims during scheduled outings to do the same. A GPAA member can go on GPAA claims any time with an active membership card.

If your still not sure, you can contact LDMA about this question and get an answer that might be more clear.

OP
OP
SilverStrike82

SilverStrike82

Apr 27, 2009
Fresno, CA
Yes, that I understand....I am a GPAA member, and I have seen more than my fair share of LDMA Lost Dutchman's gold show in the outdoor channel to know that as gpaa members we are only invited to join the LDMA on outtings...I just want to be sure I haven't dedicated all my time to the common operation while I am there (since I signed up to work the common operation), I would like to do alittle panning on my own as well. I have heard it is in 4 hours shifts as well as an all day thing. Just testing my luck on here to see if anyone knew before I went. Thanks for your help.

Kristen.

C

Cappy Z.

Gotta tell you, I love that Gold Gold Gold Gold Fev fev fev fififif show.

I could watch them all over and over.

Thanks for posting.

Overeasy

May 7, 2008
I went to a outing in NC in May. I went three days. My part of the common operation was spent with the dredge crew. There was some time on the last day to do some panning on my own. Since I didn't know what to expect, I probably was a bit ill prepared but I had fun. You're gonna get dirty. Many of the people were campers, however I wasn't, but still good fun.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread