What's new

Lead Brick

rocky raccoon

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2012
Messages
629
Reaction score
34
Golden Thread
0
Location
nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what was this used for?why are the letters on top?this thing weighs 2 1/2 lbs...thanks for the info?
 

Attachments

  • stuff 007.webp
    stuff 007.webp
    42.3 KB · Views: 583
  • stuff 008.webp
    stuff 008.webp
    48.2 KB · Views: 570
  • stuff 009.webp
    stuff 009.webp
    57.6 KB · Views: 569
  • stuff 010.webp
    stuff 010.webp
    50.3 KB · Views: 564
how about the lettering?
 
Upvote 0
Well I can see what appears to be an H, Definatley an E, but what about the upsidedown L or Backwards 7?
 
Upvote 0
yeah i could not figure that
 
Upvote 0
The upside down L is the Greek letter for Gamma. I think it is a lead brick for radiation shielding like gamma rays and x-rays. Interesting, Breezie

http://www.drct.com/lead_bricks.html
 
Upvote 0
thank you breezie...they dug up a city street in a residential area,and this what i found
 
Upvote 0
rocky raccoon said:
thank you breezie...they dug up a city street in a residential area,and this what i found

Research....
 
Upvote 0
I'd tell you, but I don't work for you. Try the internet. Jeez, some people are lazy. Try using the thing between your shoulders.
 
Upvote 0
CrazySlasher said:
I'd tell you, but I don't work for you. Try the internet. Jeez, some people are lazy. Try using the thing between your shoulders.
Yea,irony...................... :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
You might try the internet, much info can be found this way!
Carl Grin
 
Upvote 0
lead ingot, usually the letters or name is either the name of the company who distributed the lead and/or the manufacturer of the ingot mold.
 
Upvote 0
thanks scav, i was thinking,when these guys worked in the field ie; plumbers they would probably carry some of these in case they needed it,but just like brick masons they would stamp them themselves in the field
 
Upvote 0
rocky raccoon said:
ipsilateral said:
Here's one I had for a while. The letters are usually a city or brand name. At first I thought I had found a silver bar!

http://www.etsy.com/transaction/50051167
thank you that was very concise

Meaning no disrespect, but I've never heard of a city or brand name that used the Greek letter 'gamma,' which is why I thought it was a lead brick to line walls as a protection from gamma rays. Although the word gamma could be part of a name of a business. :dontknow: Breezie
 
Upvote 0
I once saw a guy detecting a beach and dug one up that looked like this without the letters which turned out to be diving weights. It might be a reach but thought I'd throw in my two cents.
Nate
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom