What's new

lead Bromo Seltzer ?

jrwill56

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
422
Reaction score
194
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chowan Co.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 2000
White mark 11
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
found this today I have heard of bromo seltzer, but never seen a lead piece like this ,anyone know? about the same size as a penny,made of lead.
 

Attachments

  • bromo 001_crop.webp
    bromo 001_crop.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 289
  • bromo 002.webp
    bromo 002.webp
    4.2 KB · Views: 302
I've seen bottles with a seal or a place where a seal could be. I dunno if bromo ever head a lead seal on their bottles. My first thoughts was a lead seal on a shipment of bromo's via train. Is there any bits of wire pokin out that you can see or feel. Swiz
 
Upvote 0
I have a few blown bromo bottles and one with the original cook. It might of went on the top of the cork stopper. When I put the cork on a penny it has about 3 millimeters clearance so it seems small enough to fit without riding on the beveled part. I have never seen a stopper that was metal with cork that didn't have a metal piece that pushed into the cork though. I would put in on the bottle forum and Harry Pristis might be able to give you some info. Nice find, I like it.

Wolverine.
 
Upvote 0
swizzle said:
I've seen bottles with a seal or a place where a seal could be. I dunno if bromo ever head a lead seal on their bottles. My first thoughts was a lead seal on a shipment of bromo's via train. Is there any bits of wire pokin out that you can see or feel. Swiz
no sign of any wires.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom