What's new

lead item found in farmers field any ideas folks

onlinesniper

Full Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2011
Messages
109
Reaction score
42
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all at TNET i found this object in a farmers field but havent a clue what it is any ideas appreciated
thankyou

Mark
 

Attachments

  • IMG00273-20110728-1137.webp
    IMG00273-20110728-1137.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG00274-20110728-1137.webp
    IMG00274-20110728-1137.webp
    18.5 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG00275-20110728-1138.webp
    IMG00275-20110728-1138.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG00276-20110728-1138.webp
    IMG00276-20110728-1138.webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 381
First of all, WELCOME to the forum! Your lead item has a very nice patina, and it appears to be a 'spacer', 'winder' or 'seal' of some type. Interesting find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
First of all, WELCOME to the forum! Your lead item has a very nice patina, and it appears to be a 'spacer', 'winder' or 'seal' of some type. Interesting find, Breezie

Thanks for the welcome only been a member for a couple of weeks and i'm loving the site and the people on it excellent site also thanks for the information i appreciate it

Regards Mark
 
Upvote 0
An early Weeble?[weebles wobble but they don't fall down]No idea,but,I had to say that!!!WELCOME!
 
Upvote 0
Lol...what kinda Weebles did you have?? Ours were like chicken eggs with clothes! :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0
worldtalker said:
An early Weeble?[weebles wobble but they don't fall down]No idea,but,I had to say that!!!WELCOME!

lol we have them over here too with the annoying but yet catchy advert thanks for the welcome too
 
Upvote 0
Reminds me of the "Are You Being Served" version of the Wibbly Wobblies. With the Wibbly Wolbbly slide and swing set. I hope you have a few years under your belt or you may not know of which I speak. Are you free?
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • 120IMG_2343[1].webp
    120IMG_2343[1].webp
    3.7 KB · Views: 222
  • 1220876100C[1].webp
    1220876100C[1].webp
    5.2 KB · Views: 211
Upvote 0
Pete, A seal was one of my thoughts too, but what threw me was the fact there were no letters on it. Could it have been unmarked? Below is a website with a blank bag seal, so I guess the meat seals could be blank too.

http://ourpasthistory.com/Gallerya/main.php?g2_itemId=15642

I've seen lead spacers used in Victorian ceiling lamps that were sorta shaped like this, but couldn't find any pics. I think it has some age on it because of the white patina. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
Pete, A seal was one of my thoughts too, but what threw me was the fact there were no letters on it. Could it have been unmarked? Below is a website with a blank bag seal, so I guess the meat seals could be blank too.

http://ourpasthistory.com/Gallerya/main.php?g2_itemId=15642

I've seen lead spacers used in Victorian ceiling lamps that were sorta shaped like this, but couldn't find any pics. I think it has some age on it because of the white patina. Breezie
Good morning Breezie, :laughing7:
I've found seals clothe & bag but never a meat seal.I was just going by the size & shape in the site 43mm looks close to the size in his hand.I don't see no marks on his or the look of being squashed yet.Just was giving him something to check maybe.Yes your guess of a seal does seem possible to me. :thumbsup: And the patina does work as well.It might be a later type I see they were made from 18th-19th century
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
 
Upvote 0
:hello:

Is it in to parts :dontknow: it looks far to thick to be a seal, and none like the hundreds I have found, it looks as if the bottom part fits into the top....strange one that :icon_scratch:

SS
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom