What's new

Lead lid ID help

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2018
Messages
2,057
Reaction score
12,107
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mountain Maryland
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this mashed lid made of a lead alloy at a site that was an old farm and has produced some civil war relics. Does anyone know what it is from, a bottle or canteen or something else. I used to collect bottles and have not seem anything like it in the past.

6C458F34-68B0-4513-9484-D8C44F7A6A0D.webpA2B597C4-E50E-4047-B5DA-C5997E39E8B1.webp​

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for looking
 
Some of the Black powder cans had lead alloy lids.
 
Upvote 0
I don't know, but kudos for the 1/4" grid paper backdrop! :)
 
Upvote 0
I don't know, but kudos for the 1/4" grid paper backdrop! :)


I’ve been using the grid for year to keep my photo log of finds. I find it is very helpful when looking back at past finds. Now that I post on treasurenet it is even more helpful. Thanks and keep swingin.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom