What's new

✅ SOLVED Lead RR Tags

cambria09

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2012
Messages
1,840
Reaction score
3,841
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy All. Found these lead FEC (Florida East Coast) RR tags at the site of a 1910 railroad station. I am betting they are fairly common...maybe luggage tags?? Thanks for your input.

C9
 

Attachments

  • C 0819 25 26 27 Lead Tags and 41 WC Obv.webp
    C 0819 25 26 27 Lead Tags and 41 WC Obv.webp
    246.7 KB · Views: 141
  • C 0819 25 26 27 Lead Tags and 41 WC Rev.webp
    C 0819 25 26 27 Lead Tags and 41 WC Rev.webp
    202.7 KB · Views: 140
I am thinking they were tapped into the end of the ties. When I was a kid and worked on the tracks an old track boss always got the old tags off of the cross ties we pulled.
Maybe some more knowledgable guys will chime in.
Or maybe the lead tags on the car doors to show they had not been opened?
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello Taz42o. Thanks for the ID. Found three more seals tonight all from the Florida East Coast line at a station, long gone now, that went into operation in 1910 and was gone by the 1930's.

Based upon finding these lead seals I think I am digging near where the old train station must have been situated, so....gotta dig somemore. HH.

C9
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom