What's new

Lead shot of some kind

GTK96

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2012
Messages
392
Reaction score
158
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
Found near each other near an old town, any idea of age or what they came from?
 

Attachments

  • image-3844417799.webp
    image-3844417799.webp
    29 KB · Views: 119
  • image-3273080115.webp
    image-3273080115.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 119
That is called Double O buckshot -OO buckshot. Largest size shot typicaly used. There are 13 of those in a standard 2 3/4" 12 gauge shotgun shell. Usually for deer hunting. The little shotgun shells the police use have 7 of those, and less gunpowder. They are good for sling shots too. Since lead doesnt corrode much, they could be modern, hard to say, but they look pretty shiny to me!
 
Upvote 0
Dang, When I was on the PD we used 3", 12 guage magnum, .00 buck with 12 pellets I think? .00 buck is .32 caliber and I have used it to kill hogs. It is illegal to hunt deer with buckshot in Oklahoma. Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom