What's new

Lead Toy Soldier & Skeleton Key

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
10,082
Reaction score
17,067
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been on vacation for a couple of weeks. The weather in NC did not cooperate, as we had a ton of rain.

However, I did manage to get two items off of my bucket list. I got my first skeleton key. It's a bit bent, but all in one piece. I also scored my first lead toy soldier. Hopefully someone can ID this one for me.

Smittyman took me out to one of his permissions on Saturday... and I got my first silver coin on 2016. Smittyman has lots of good permissions around town. I was also able to find a half dozen Wheaties, a 1975 Irish half penny... just a bit smaller than our small cent, and a junk St. Christopher.

Thanks for looking and best of luck on your hunts!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160103_164523_388-1.webp
    IMG_20160103_164523_388-1.webp
    461 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_20160102_134906_144-1.webp
    IMG_20160102_134906_144-1.webp
    109 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20160103_164643_377-1.webp
    IMG_20160103_164643_377-1.webp
    159.8 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_20151229_164922_965.webp
    IMG_20151229_164922_965.webp
    939.6 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Upvote 46
Happy new year Tom.
And congrats on the lead soldier!! I really like finding them.. especially them old ones.
A lot of times, a kid only had one 1 or 2 toys to play with then!!!
 
Love the key and the lead toy is great
 
Interesting finds Tom & congrats on the new year silver.
 
Nice job Tom. I didn't know you were on vacation. I thought maybe you were visiting TBD in the hospital. It seems he has a " big " affliction that has been causing even the most experienced nurse to be a little curious?
1962 is absolutely the best year for Rosies...good things came in 1962:laughing7:

OD Tom refuses to visit me since I made him roam the woods and creek at the mill site. Says he hates water but I Begged to come up and hunt with him and the CSM but said he was busy with a "fish tank" I think that's code for his grocery store hottie. BTW CT sent X-ray pic to Todd and Todd claims it is Really him:dontknow:
 
Nice way to get on the board C.T. Looks like a good hunt.
 
Yep. That's me.
 
Congrats on the first silver coin of the year.
The toy soldier and skeleton key are really sweet finds.
 
Nice digs Tom! Love digging old skeleton keys. Congrats
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom