What's new

Lead two-loop thingy

BuckleBoy

Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
18,159
Reaction score
9,723
Golden Thread
4
Location
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

I have a few whatzits that have been bugging me for months. I think it is that I have no earthly idea where to start in tracking them down. I'll start with an easier one or two, and then I have one of those that we find that may be similar to the brass two-hole thingy and scythe handle ferrule from earlier in the year.

Here's an easier one. The discs on these appear to be lead, and the loops appear to be iron. I'm not certain that they are very old--1900-1960 perhaps, due to lack of rust, if the loops are iron. The two photos below are at slightly different angles. The two objects are identical, and were found at two different sites.

Thanks in advance,


Buckles

lead.webp

lead1.webp
 
I know I've seen these before but danged if I can remember where. I think it might be to splice wires together but I'm not sure.

HH Charlie
 
Upvote 0
savant365 said:
I know I've seen these before but danged if I can remember where. I think it might be to splice wires together but I'm not sure.

HH Charlie

I get the feeling that I've seen them ID'ed on here before too. I hadn't found one at the time, so the ID didn't stick in my memory.
 
Upvote 0
Dang i remember it to was it chain link fit in a pump or toilet water flow i cant remember :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Yes, these are i.d.'d a little while ago. They are the dealies that go on a cistern pump. They're hooked togather with chain, have leather washers to hole a seal, and go within the pipe to draw water.
 
Upvote 0
johnnyi said:
Yes, these are i.d.'d a little while ago. They are the dealies that go on a cistern pump. They're hooked togather with chain, have leather washers to hole a seal, and go within the pipe to draw water.

Cool! I'll try to find the post where they were ID'ed before--now that I have a better idea of what I'm looking for. My search feature isn't working properly--so if one of y'alls finds the old post before I do, please post a link here.


Best Wishes,


Buckles
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom