What's new

Lead

texan connection

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
4,565
Reaction score
79
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
what about it? worth picking up. at the lakes I dig alot of it maybe 5-10 lbs every time.
 
Kitco has it a over a dollar/lb. Don't know where to sell it. Maybe if you have anyone you know who reloads, they might want it to melt and pour. Unless you fish, then you can't have enough.

Bill
 
A scrap yard in Fort Worth pays .65 a pound for it. I would said that it is probably worth it. Hoard it for a little while, then take a big batch of it in. Good (and free) gas money.
 
It is definitely worth picking up. Most of the bullet guys or fishing folks don't hesitate much at 75 cents a pound. The bullet guys will even go a little more for tire weights. They need a little hardness in the lead for better bullets.

A free ad on Craigslist is the easiest way I found. I just meet them at a gas station or any popular busy parking lot.

Sounds like good way to pay for the gas it will take you to get to Caldwell for CTH4.

See you next month.

Bob
 
You also RJ,,, Im thinking I might get more as fishing weights.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom