What's new

Screaming metal detector and pointer. Need help with identification.

theroots

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
shiny-stone-1.webp
shiny-stone-2.webp
shiny-stone-3.webp

I found this 4-5 yrs ago and just never had it analyzed. Every surface has continual response from my metal detector as well as my pointer. It weighs 5.5 lbs and measures about 6.5" x 5". The entire surface area is shiny but not flaky. Any ideas?
 
Upvote 3
Yes, maybe Lead.
 
Can you tell us more about how and where (in general terms) you found it?

Were it mine, I'd definitely be looking for some type of analysis to confirm what
it actually is.
 
Could be graphite. I have some sites that have a lot of it. The rounder it is, the better it sounds.
 
If it is lead, a knife will leave a mark when pressed on it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom