What's new

Learned a lesson while picking up dime boxes

Syrys

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2010
Messages
272
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
ALWAYS ask for halves, even if you were there 2 days ago! Went into my bank to get 2 dime boxes. As I was leaving, I got that really bad itch to ask if they had any halves...boy am I glad I did! The teller handed over a 90%, 4 40%s, and a shiny '77 proof ;D

I'll post the results of the dime boxes later, got to do some errands first.

HH!
~Syrys
 
Upvote 0
Well I finished the first dime box and shocker... was a total SKUNK :(

Oh well on to box #2!
 
Roll #46 gave up the only silver dime in box #2, a shiny new 1963. I have now done 7 boxes, with 3 silver dimes so far, all 3 have come from the same bank.

Also got a 1934 Wheat Penny from that bank (as well as the silver halves today). I think I will be back there soon :wink:
 
My rule is to always ask for everthing alot of tellers have stuff all you have to do is ask and say thank you and nice score on the silver. Happy hunting RON
 
Good deal! Reminds me a lot of metal detecting that way. You must ask nicely, and remember the worst they can say is NO! In my experience tellers are more cooperative than landowners though.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom