Leaving for a while

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't know about you fellow miners, maybe it in our nature to collect assets, gold is an asset as is gems , fossils and even mushrooms witch I collect all but I have something special hidden a garage that a client allows me to use for over 25 years. It is a 1967 Mustang Muscle car, my mother gave it to me when I turned 18 back in 1973. I checked on Ebay and I can get all the parts I need and very cheaply. The main purpose of restoring it is to get a campervan so I can go mine my claims in N.Californa and visit a special friend in New Mexico, so I will still monitor the site and help those here in Western Wa. Best Wishes.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks everyone for the best wishes, it will probably take a year or less to restore my 67 mustang, it is amazing that I can buy everything I need to do it. It is a special car to me, so much history but here is a pic of it from 1979, 10-26-2011 12-41-25_028.jpg I did all the body work and it is muscle car and plan is to finish it and sell it to buy a camper van so I can visit my claims and a special friend.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You posts will be missed Ed. I wish you well on your project. :thumbsup:

I've restored several old vehicles, I've got one driver in the process now. I can tell you from experience it's going to be hard to sell that Mustang after you bring her back to life. :crybaby2:

As always
Heavy Pans

Barry

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Like Barry said , I also sold a lot of my car's over the years and wish that I never did it ! My wife now say's some of them would be nice to have right now!

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cousin bought one for each of his daughters in the year they were born. And they were beautiful...both the cousins and the cars!

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You posts will be missed Ed. I wish you well on your project. :thumbsup:

I've restored several old vehicles, I've got one driver in the process now. I can tell you from experience it's going to be hard to sell that Mustang after you bring her back to life. :crybaby2:

As always
Heavy Pans

Barry

Hi Clay, I understand what you said, I posted on craigslist last week the mustang for 1000$ as is and got 62 confirmed buyers, the market is for a restoration car and I understand that so I will do some restoration to maximize the price I will ask for next. Thanks

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$1k? Check the market closer. Ignore that pop can, injection plastic POS in the picture below…I can’t delete it.

Attachments

• DB30572B-D210-497D-B94E-AC46A0EFFB00.jpeg
    DB30572B-D210-497D-B94E-AC46A0EFFB00.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cousin bought one for each of his daughters in the year they were born. And they were beautiful...both the cousins and the cars!

That’s sick!
The fact he bought two.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also turned 18 in 1973 and had saved up my money from working to buy a used '67 Mustang GT at 17. That one had the factory high performance V-8 and 4 barrel carb, blacked out grille, lots of chrome (on plastic) inside including a larger center console, and green dash lights. That 4 barrel was easy to flood on starting, never more embarrassing than when picking up a girlfriend for the first time with her parents watching from the windows. Nothing could have been more emasculating than having to leave the Mustang behind and taking her new Mercedes SL. Really that Mustang was too much car for a 17 - 18 year old but somehow survived. The HP V-8 required premium leaded fuel, which was still only in the low 30 cent range. Needing something more practical and economical for college, I traded it in for a fuel injected VW Squareback that averaged 33 mpg - economical back in the early 70's. In those days, some other great muscle cars, GTO's, Barracudas, were common and cheap used cars.

Best wishes and good luck with the restoration. Are you bringing it back to original condition (not sure the hood scoop was original in '67 but it looks good)?

Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bought one new in Las Cruces, New Mexico in 67* and financed for three years at $82.92/month....almost costs that much now to just fuel my truck.

*289, 2 barrel carb and 4 speed manual transmission. Added dual exhaust with glass pack mufflers...loved the sound, the car and my home state of NM.

Last edited:
OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I also turned 18 in 1973 and had saved up my money from working to buy a used '67 Mustang GT at 17. That one had the factory high performance V-8 and 4 barrel carb, blacked out grille, lots of chrome (on plastic) inside including a larger center console, and green dash lights. That 4 barrel was easy to flood on starting, never more embarrassing than when picking up a girlfriend for the first time with her parents watching from the windows. Nothing could have been more emasculating than having to leave the Mustang behind and taking her new Mercedes SL. Really that Mustang was too much car for a 17 - 18 year old but somehow survived. The HP V-8 required premium leaded fuel, which was still only in the low 30 cent range. Needing something more practical and economical for college, I traded it in for a fuel injected VW Squareback that averaged 33 mpg - economical back in the early 70's. In those days, some other great muscle cars, GTO's, Barracudas, were common and cheap used cars.

Best wishes and good luck with the restoration. Are you bringing it back to original condition (not sure the hood scoop was original in '67 but it looks good)?

Not going to make into a into a factory car, this a custom made by me car, there is a market for stock cars but also for custom cars, the hood scope is a combination of a 1971 boss 302 mustang hood scope plus my mods also I flared out the rear wheel wells to accommodate the L16 tires and I flared out the back end to look like a California special. My mother paid 852$ for the car, what was cool about the car even though the emblems said 289 on the side of the car it actually had new 351 windsor engine in it and a 4 barrel manifold but it had 2 barrel carb and adaptor. Ounce I found that out I put in a 600cfm holly carb and the racing began. From experience you had carburetor was had to much cfm. for your engine, I made that costly and frustrating mistake too, when I rebuilt my engine I decided to put on a 780cfm holey carb and the flooding problems started and was only when I put 600cfm back on the engine did the problems disappear. How thigs have changed, all I have to do is turn the key on my Explorer and it starts but the mustang if the engine is cold you have to pump the gas pedal 3 times to start, ounce warm not needed but if flooding has occurred I found that pressing on the gas pedal and keeping it open the car would eventually start, if you have a good battery, thanks for reminding of the quirks of driving a mustang

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Plan canceled, ordered a lot of parts for the mustang and received them and going to order more but since I finally heard back from the owner of the garage where the mustang is stored witch I thought was dead, he's not dead and now calls me almost every day and says " I'm not Dead " LOL " back to mining, Yea!!!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To paraphrase Mark Twain, it appears that "reports of his death have been greatly exaggerated". And that is a good thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread