Legs for a high banker?

Hey Astro, My dad also was about to start to make a highbaker. I've a bunch of ideas, everything from using crutches to pvc piping. I just aint no good at translating what's in my mind to typing it down for ya to read. Especially after I just finished a pint or 2 of Ol' turkey. ;D
Actually unless ya have the stuff lying around it might be cheaper to buy one over the web. I found a few good deals on Ebay, craigslist, and random searching. I'll also post some of those links when I refind them. They're all between 30-60 dollars plus shipping depending on size. Here's a cool idea that someone else came up with.http://49ermike.com/dc/user_files/6785.jpg
When we make one though I know were goinig to make it it's own critter and not attach anything to the sluice itself. Taht way it'll be easier and faster to usse your slucie right in the water like regular.
Then when you want to use it as a highbanker you just put it in the stand and your ready to go.
HH.

Electrical conduit is pretty sturdy, yet lightweight stuff. Easy to work with and as an added bonus its cheep! :hello2:

Never thought about the crutch idea. That's pretty slick really. Built in adjusters. They are typically dirt cheap at the local thrift store as well.

-Lance

:icon_thumleft: The crutches sound like a great idea. :icon_thumright:

Get ones with the rubbers still on the bottom so they will grab on a stacked rock better.

Best
rmptr

crutches will work i tried it with them not cut down cause i wanted the sluice up high but it wasnt that stable im gonna reconfigure and cut them down. i do think they need to be part of their own seperate frame not permanently attached to the frame, they need a wide "footprint" "wheelbase"..lol if you know what i mean... if they drop straight down at the width of the box its not stable side to side you can push the whole deal over.when you go to the thrift store if you dont see any ask someone...when i went i had to ask a guy working there...."hey man do you have any crutches?"..looks at me ??? like why do i need crutches....says" yea, come with me" i follow him to a back room where he presents me with like the Eifel Tower of discarded crutches "take your pick" four matching crutches, three bucks each... made to hold up even the most chubby broken leg people and they weigh just slightly less than air....the weak point is the side tubes but, cut down to where they adjust and they should strong as "ell..

I'd try and shoot for light weight, and foldable too. It's best to be able to carry your load in one, or possibly two trips, especially if you have to walk to the site. Considering you're going to be taking more than you brought.. and gold is heavy.
Cold even use a folding card table, with slant added for sluice.. But deffinately don't plan to spend a lot of moeny on it, because I'm sure you can find something or other laying around or in someone elses trash to work for free.

if you arent worried about weight and have something to cut thick steel with, then i have some metal posts, they are squared and hollowed in the middle, but at 3 sided, so you have a |_| shape, they are like 6ft+

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back