Lesche Shovels question,need to improve my shovel.

Deese

Oct 24, 2008
Mebane,NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex,Vallon Gizmo,Deeptech Vista Smart,Nexus Coronado,AKA Sorex,Quest X10
How thick are the blades on the shovels they sell? I put a steel tube handle in a german e-tool that I got from the army surplus store the other day and it works great but I overpowered the blade and bent it backwards.I bent it back and creased it in the middle but I dont think it is thick enough to last.Impressive looking tool,if the rain lets up I will get it out of the truck and post some pics for you guys.

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75+
I've got one of their smaller shovels. Blade portion is .110" thick. Also think the type of steel and heat treatment / tempering have a lot to do with their strength.

Jeff

OP
OP
D

Deese

Oct 24, 2008
Mebane,NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex,Vallon Gizmo,Deeptech Vista Smart,Nexus Coronado,AKA Sorex,Quest X10
Suwanee Georgia,Kubota Tractor training is down there.I have been there several times.How does your machine disc on Iron?

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
You will not be able to bend a Lesche. Take my word for it. I have also given it a frustrated slam into a tree test and the weld holds with no problem. I think they have a long warranty...maybe 5 years?

OP
OP
D

Deese

Oct 24, 2008
Mebane,NC
Detector(s) used
Yeah,piss on trying to make your own shovel.I was at my local detector shop couple weeks ago and the had a shovel,I think he called it the little sampson.Made by lesche,I have been beating on it two weeks and it barely has a nick in the blade,light as a feather and will dig a big a hole as you want.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions