Less than two months (~16 hours) and I found my first two wheaties today.

BABALONGOGGLES

Jan 10, 2020
Eastern WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV the day after Christmas, and wasn't able to use it much because of the snow, so I did a ton of research and we've finally had a few days of sunshine. Couldn't dig a lot of targets because of the frozen ground, so I'll be back to this new spot...
I know they're not valuable and you can't even see the definition in this picture, but, in the bottom right there is a 1950S and a 1948D wheatie. I also found a silver-colored ring (not sure how to tell if it's real silver yet). Included is the rest of my "interesting" finds. Very curious about the large piece of iron in the upper left that sort of looks like a heavy coat-hanger, and there's what I believe to be an edwardian barrette with a grape cluster in the upper right I'd love to know more about. The full clip of ammo is military issued from 1943. That's my favorite find so far. HH!
metal detecting finds 2-20-20.jpg

Upvote 15

bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice haul ! Check the inside of the ring for any hallmarks or stampings. Most silver is stamped 925. The Bounty Hunters a great machine !

sideshowbob

Jun 21, 2013
That dog and pig are my favorites. Great digs. Show some pics of the ring you think may be silver please.

LByles

Dec 23, 2019
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job! Loved my BH!

Wondering....the two pieces on the right, above the wheats and rings...are those gun parts? The round part reminds me of something from a revolver and the other like a trigger or hammer. I’m not an expert by any means at all and good at fabricating ideas lol Maybe someone will chime in on it!

Happy hunting!

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Tracker IV was my first machine - Nothing fancy but it will get the job done for sure.
The wheaties are always a good indicator your in an old spot! Silver is usually found in the same area.. but not always

Good luck and Happy Hunting

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job that machine is doing a good job for you congrats on the wheats keep those finds coming. Tommy

OP
OP
B

BABALONGOGGLES

Jan 10, 2020
Eastern WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to do a quick update. I went back to the same spot and, for some reason, I kept hitting on rusty nails even with my discrimination way up, BUT I did find my first silver coin today. 1953S Roosevelt dime. Seems to be in very good condition apart from a scratch on his forehead. Very exciting to hit that milestone so early with such a cheap detector. Can't wait to upgrade and go back.

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! Bounty hunter is what I started out with before upgrading to the AT pro. My bro still uses my old BH pioneer and I swear it can be better in some situations. Disc all the way up isn't always the bet way to go, I ran mine at around 1-3 oclock and found tons of stuff. Finding the right spot can be more important than having a super fancy machine.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice collection of goodies, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread