Less then stellar day last Sunday...

Nickel_Buff1935

Jun 1, 2007
NY
Detector(s) used
MINELAB X-Terra 50 & WHITE'S MXT
Well I got out for a very short hunt last weekend...

But a short hunt is better then no hunt!

I only had enough time to make it over to the school across the street from my house.

The sun was going down fast ;D

Now, I've found some cool digs there, including my first silver coins which really got me hooked on the hobby.

But most hunts here produce clad and lots of it... ::)

So that is how my hunt started off.

sillyclad.jpg

30 minutes in to my 35 minute hunt I finally got a great sounding signal!

3 inches down I found silver :)

1944GW.jpg

A 1944 G-Dub-YA...

1944GWB.jpg

A few feet away I dug a barely recognizable Wheatie and that was the end of my hunt.

All in all I was glad to get out and swing.

Finding that silver will make it easier for me to return to my old standby site.

The promise of silver has that effect on me :D

I've secured a very promising site to hunt today, so wish me luck!

HH

Nickel_B

Upvote 0
Hey Nickel-B, I hope you find a couple gold coins at your new site. Us capital region guys gotta support each other. Best of luck bro!

plehbah said:
A silver quarter three inches down at a schoolyard?!?!? That place is far from "hunted out". Sounds like a nice local place you have to spend a few minutes here and there.

Yeah, I don't know how much if any of the school yard has been pushed around...

That was deep though. My first two silver coins came from the same hole and were also deep for a school yard.

But this is the fifth silver coin to be dug here and the first quarter, the rest being mercs and rosies.

The school was built in the early 1900's.

When it was recently remodeled, the workers tearing out the old lockers pocketed a bazillion mercs, rosies and buffaloes...

It has been a great fall back site for me, when I have limited sunlight to swing after work and other obligations.

I've learned alot about my machine searching that school yard ;)

BTW Evolution thanx for the good luck wish... but I got skunked at the "promising" new site :(

Apparently the property had some fill brought in during the '90's, son of a...

Oh well... You're right though we gotta support each other!

<crossing fingers in hopes of getting out Sunday to swing>

Nickel_B

Clad, silver and a short hunt. That's what I like. ;D Old schools are great places to hunt. It really takes a lot to hunt them out.

Bob

Mirage said:
Clad, silver and a short hunt. That's what I like. ;D Old schools are great places to hunt. It really takes a lot to hunt them out.

Bob

Yeah Bob,

The site has many,many targets to dig!

That is why I got so familiar with my Minelab hunting there.

Unfortunately I didn't get into the hobby until after they covered a HUGE part of the school's property with a parking lot and a construction equipment storage site... :(

There would have been even more promising area to swing over a year ago...

Alot of it close to the oldest part of the school.

Nickel_B

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back