nuggy
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Aug 22, 2010
- Messages
- 460
- Reaction score
- 62
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher Gold Bug Pro, had; Minelab Eureka, Bounty Hunter, Garrett, Fisher and Whites.
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
The sky has cleared and the forecast is good. There is still a lot of snow on the high country, but I have loaded my recently reconstructed 4" dredge into my 4x4 and tomorrow I will start dredging again. First trip for about 10 or 12 years.
As it's still a bit chilly I'm going to be sticking to waders for a start, the wet suit can wait for another month and higher temperatures. There is also a minor question as to whether the wet suit will still fit me as I've consumed quite a lot of good quality food since then, and put on a pound or few. It was pretty tight back about 1997 too.
The creek I'm heading to is on a friends claim and is not snow fed luckily. The bottom is sandstone and from one to four feet below water level on average. Stone size is quite small, nothing I can't easily lift so no need for winching gear or the big crow bar. There has been a lot of activity around the creek from gold miners over the last hundred odd years, but he believes it has not been dredged before, hope he's right.
He has been very generous with his percentage request, I get the first ounce per week, then fifty fifty on everything over that. I told him if there's no gold he can have my share too. But he'd heard that one before, probably from me as we go back quite a way.
Hope I have remembered to pack everything I need. I will take the camera and try to load a few photos on here soon.
As it's still a bit chilly I'm going to be sticking to waders for a start, the wet suit can wait for another month and higher temperatures. There is also a minor question as to whether the wet suit will still fit me as I've consumed quite a lot of good quality food since then, and put on a pound or few. It was pretty tight back about 1997 too.
The creek I'm heading to is on a friends claim and is not snow fed luckily. The bottom is sandstone and from one to four feet below water level on average. Stone size is quite small, nothing I can't easily lift so no need for winching gear or the big crow bar. There has been a lot of activity around the creek from gold miners over the last hundred odd years, but he believes it has not been dredged before, hope he's right.
He has been very generous with his percentage request, I get the first ounce per week, then fifty fifty on everything over that. I told him if there's no gold he can have my share too. But he'd heard that one before, probably from me as we go back quite a way.
Hope I have remembered to pack everything I need. I will take the camera and try to load a few photos on here soon.
but no matter what you will have a great time getting back at it - next time don't wait so long . you will wish you had never stopped , once it is in your blood it never goes away ......it's not the money , you can't buy happiness ..........well maybe you can but it would cost more than a dredging trip !!!!!!!!!!
tons a au 2 u 2 -John
I ran across your thread, and glad I did!! You are giving away a lot of good info for the beginners, (and even some experienced ones.) If they can't improve their chances of getting gold, either panning, detecting or dredging, they need to come back and read this thread again and again.






