Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
"Let he who has never stoned,...

...cast the first sin." This is a quote from one of my favorite cartoon series...Eek & Meek.

While it is a perversion of a biblical text, it certainly does communicate a truth. That being that today it seems people in general tend to want to put others down.

Why is this?

I chat with "the boys" at the local watering hole or wherever, and the conversation never gains much attention until somebody has something juicy bad to say about somebody or something else. And heck, I've caught myself doing the same thing so I'm not exempt.

What's wrong with us today? Why don't we love the good news?

Recently my eyes have been opened. I've "seen the light." There are millions of great stories out there. Not everything is rotten.

Down near where one of my daughters live there is this elderly lady who selflessly serves that small community. Without pay she does too many volunteer things to even list here. She's always helping this person or that. Believe it or not she even is criticized by some.

The real bible text is... "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." John 8:7 This was said to a bunch of self-righteous hypocrites who were way worse than the person in question.

I'm sick en tired of all of this! I don't believe in being wishy-washy with no opinion of my own but from now on I'm going to avoid that negative crowd and focus on life's positive things. I've actually already started and man it feels good. Even my disgusting neighbor is beginning to look good to me (well, almost).

Well that's my RANT. :blob7:

Badger

Re: "Let he who has never stoned,...

Are ya getting older Badger? I am and I find myself heading in that same direction. Older I get the more I could care less about the negative crappola in life. Focus on the good. Surround yourself with only good people. Don't sweat the small stuff. want to help people and donate/volunteer more...to add a higher purpose in your life. Also don't be petty. Don't let 'others little annoying' habits turn you into a grump and nasty person.

I know what you mean. I feel it also. I have changed over the last few years. Negative gone, positive in. Live and enjoy the best of life and skip the crappola. It feels absolutely wonderful! :)

The real bible text is... "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." John 8:7 This was said to a bunch of self-righteous hypocrites who were way worse than the person in question.

Guess they were lucky (Mary) wasn't there. (J.C's) Mom Like said. don't let the fools win. That's why the f word was created also the word off. :laughing7:

Michigan Badger said:
While it is a perversion of a biblical text, it certainly does communicate a truth. That being that today it seems people in general tend to want to put others down.

Why is this?

What's wrong in putting people down??

We put sick pets down, why not sick people, and people we don't like. Some people just don't deserve to live life :dontknow: :headbang: :headbang:

Oh, I see we're talking about bad news and insults huh :icon_scratch:

Oh well, scratch that... :tongue3: :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back