Lets go to a group hunt!

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Hello

This post is for those of you out there looking at group hunts and thinking to yourself, "Man that looks like fun!" And then do nothing about it.

Well let me ask you a few questions.

1. Do you like to hunt with a buddy?
2. Do you like having someone who appreciates what you find nearby?
3. Do you like a little friendly competition?
4. Do you like good company and food?
5. Do you like having a great time?

Then a group hunt is for you!!! I attended my first one last year and was very nervous about going to it. I didn't know anyone, I wasn't very good at detecting and I was basically afraid I was going to make a fool of myself. But I found out that just like on the forum here, the people are great people and so helpful in person!

So if you haven't gotten up the nerve to go to a hunt take a chance and have some fun. Oh yeah and there's a good chance you might end up with a nice prize or two and some memories that will last a lifetime.

And a great place to give it a try is the Dover, TN hunt coming up in November...........I've been all three years, and have a BLAST every time. Get to meet ALL kinds of folks, and dig some super relics (it's a Civil War themed hunt).

ME, if that's the one you went to last year, I guess I didn't meet you.........I'd like to change that. You're close; SEMO. It's in Dover, TN about 60 miles or so NW of Nashville, TN.

At any rate, everybody reading this that's looking for a GREAT weekend of digging and socializing, a good opportunity is November 8.

Sounds like a paid advertisement, doesn't it? ;D It's not. I just really like that hunt. Gets the relic season started off with a bang. At least I'm pretty much assured of digging a CW relic every year......

Roger

I wish we could come to that one it sounds like loads of fun, and if your in the mood and can drive a little fater CTHII in Caldwell KS. Its a blast !

And I am still amazed I didn't scare you and BB off when I screamed when you both walked in the door !
It was the best your a great hunter and friend, and everyone if you missed the BIG DIGGER you really missed a learning experience!

And that ME he can talk a person into anything he even got me too carry his heavy trash off the field for him ... now wait a minute :icon_scratch:

Yeah, seeded hunts aren't all that. Just a guarantee that SOMEONE is going to find a killer prize or five.....................http://www.fortdonelsonrelics.com/2008PrizePage.htm

That's the link to the prize list (so far) for the Dover hunt in November. I've been all three years they've had it; this year will make four..........I've never left disappointed. I spend time with metal detecting enthusiasists, and relic hunters.......my kind of weekend.

Roger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back