Let's let a USER of the Cibola, babble on and on.....

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guys, I'm admitting to the fact that I hunt mostly parks, with my trusty CIBOLA...!
And, I use tones, primarily....
I love the machine for its simplicity - it's almost a Turn-On-And-GO machine, isn't it?
Tough also...!~
....did I mention, Lite-Weight, as well...?
And, not to mention..., HOT ...?!
....gosh, forgot to mention it has a great Discriminator...?
After 14 years of almost weekly use - it has become part of me...!
....or, did I mention that already...??

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found my oldest coin ever with a Cibola. 1780 Spanish silver. I found it a spot where there has been a school since 1805. They had replaced the sidewalk at the front of the school and the new walk had rebar in it. Turned the sens to about half and picked the signal out between the overloads. It was about 6-7 inches deep. One of my favorite finds and stories in the 24 years of detecting.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a lot of cannon balls with my Cibola, my first gold coin, and thousands of Civil War and Revolutionary War bullets, and on and on and on.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Love my Tejon, and my Royal Saber ( really need to get that one out again soon)......

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II ÎĽMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cibola is an excellent park machine! I was foolishly thinking of letting mine go when I was cutting back - but it’s a high-tone model and like new - so I kept it. It’s not always the first one I grab for parks (which is usually my Silver Sabre μMAX) but it’s very capable.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you put a larger coil on it like the new wide scaan would you have to re tune the machine to the coil ? I may do some testing

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II ÎĽMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you put a larger coil on it like the new wide scaan would you have to re tune the machine to the coil ? I may do some testing

If you’re referring to the factory, Tesoro coils - the Widescan should be tuned about the same as the standard concentric; I think that no change in tune is needed. I wouldn’t recommend any aftermarket coils though, especially if they’re large.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IMHO: Tesoro detectors encourage digging, while other brands discourage digging. My philosophy has always been dig it all when relic hunting, play grounds and sandy areas. In better groomed areas you must be a bit more selective. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread