Lets see all the home made gear

Thats awesome. He will love it and I wish I'd gotten into it at a younger age. I'm only 32 though lol. I got an extra copy of GARRETT's book successful coin hunting and it's sitting on the shelf. I'd love to send it to him for free. Just message me your address if you want it. It came with my AT Pro and I already had a copy of it. View attachment 1098974 it's in great shape.

PM sent!. You should have seen his face when he read this post. Talk about seeing a child's face light up. Thanks again!

I made a little progress on the shovel I am working on. Tomorrow I will be picking up the steel for the kick and handle. Not sure when I will get my next chance to work on it. I will update when I make some more progress.

DSC02659 (Custom).JPG

Awesome ideas

something I threw together to poke around with for Native artifacts.Small shovel,duck tape,and a stick.Saves allot of bending over and reaching 025.JPG

Last edited:
It should be up.i can see it?

Yeah I see it. Looks good

They are called "trenching shovels". Tractor Supply sells 'em too. I purchased a "mini shovel" there for $10, took it home to my shop and used a bench grinder to very easily cut away what I didn't need. Works well when I don't happen to have my Predator "Little Eagle" tool along. Pics later. Blade is 4-3/4" X approx. 6". Makes nice clean holes! Much lighter than the Little Eagle.
0110152125.jpg0110152126.jpg

Last edited:
Ok I use a double d 5x8" coil with the AT Pro so I was having a ruff time getting it to lean on my shovel without taking a spill. So I hit the shed with an idea to help it.bbTGfZzFM4J-PEl0XzkasVuTD0zPVIo13Y51xS6HHuU=w370-c-h370-n-o-k.jpeg I had a piece 1"pvc which was the same outside diameter as the lesche shovel. But with some heat and a little futzing with it. Badabing Badaboom no more falling down.bbTGfZzFM4J-PEl0XzkasVuTD0zPVIo13Y51xS6HHuU=w370-c-h370-n-o-k.jpegBmDVtZOmNf8nMW3IdG9Px-SLephr4da_e93BOTV8FuY=w370-c-h370-n-o-k.jpeg Jolly Roger gave it a nod so I'll take it as it is.IMAG0163.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good Rick. Nice work

A couple of diggers I made of SS.
IMG_3317-70.jpgIMG_3318-70.jpgIMG_3320-69.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421466765.816846.jpg Better inside view of my home made finds pouch. I have two inside pockets. One velcros and and the other just holds my little brushes. Then of course the big finds area, works great.

Introducing Paul's new shovel I just finished. Paul names his new shovel Mr. Fluffy. Mr. Fluffy is 34.5" long and is looking forward to helping Paul find some treasure.

DSC02723 (Custom).JPG

Like that stand Rick!IMG_20150108_134313.jpgIMG_20150108_134313.jpgChopped off trappers trowel (15") and my plugger for special occasions.IMG_20141217_214012.jpgMy mx5 covers,IMG533.jpgPro pointer mount, I'm all over the place

My boy found this one laying on the ground back in our woods. I have lost count of how much stuff he has found back there. He saw a video of a guy metal detecting and now he is just waiting for his to arrive. Since watching the video he has been studying local history so he can know what he may possibly find on his hunts. He went to the extent of returning all of his toys Santa brought him in order to buy his metal detector. At only 9 years old he knows what he wants and when he sets his mind to something he does not give up.

Sounds like your lad is going to become your best hunting buddy. I envy you. My fishing buddy was my son for all of his life. Now he is all grown up, almost 32, and has a baby otw. He aint got much time for fishing with his pappy right now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back