Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With all the bad weather here lately, I've been cleaning and organizing my dug Coin, Relic and Jewelry collection.
Here's some old Padlocks that I've found - all were cleaned with Electrolysis and then buffed with Very Fine Steel Wool.

Also, if anyone can tell me anything about the history, age, etc. of the Padlocks in my photo - I'd appreciate it !

Now ... lets see your old Padlocks !

Attachments

• MAH - Padlocks - 2-3-2022.jpg
    MAH - Padlocks - 2-3-2022.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all the bad weather here lately, I've been cleaning and organizing my dug Coin, Relic and Jewelry collection.
Here's some old Padlocks that I've found - all were cleaned with Electrolysis and then buffed with Very Fine Steel Wool.

Also, if anyone can tell me anything about the history, age, etc. of the Padlocks in my photo - I'd appreciate it !

Now ... lets see your old Padlocks !
VERY NICE i HAVE some like yours BUT YOU ALReADY KNOW THAT 11 You have seen mine

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK Here are a few One i cooked to long in Electrolysis The others i used White Vinegar. If anyone has a key for these i would like to chat with you z:)
locks1.jpg
locks2.jpg
locks3.jpg
locks4.jpg
Locks5.jpg
gar

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truly amazing how much better things were made back when. If your not careful you can buy pure trash at the home centers. Nobody’s going to pick up a master lock in 100 years and be impressed.

Last edited:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can OPEN any Master lock 175 in less then 1 MINUTE !11

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread