Lets start a new MD club in Montgomery co.

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box
Let's start a new MD club in Montgomery co.

Hi Fellows

I'm making my move to get permit in the Montgomery co. park and state park. I would need help from other that likes to join and create a club in this area. Montgomery county park state in it's regulation #19 state:

Section 19. Metal Detectors, Digging

Using metal detectors and/or digging into the surface of Park Property is prohibited except by permit.

so, it's possible to get permit and I'm trying to get it. What do you think?

Arch

mendozaco700

Greenie
Oct 5, 2010
N Bethesda, MD
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Re: Let's start a new MD club in Montgomery co.

Arch. Its totally possible to get a permit as long as we can form a club (Maryland historical rescue society) as a nonprofit. I'm CPA and i can do the paper work to optain the nonprofit status from the IRS and the state charter. With that we can get the state parks to open the grounds for us to hunt and a local library to hold our meetings. The process is similar as a numismatic club. We need at least 5 members to start The club. I can do the paper work for free. If you or anyone is interested. Write to [email protected]. i need names and phone numbers.
Alex 301-529-2903

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used

mendozaco700 said:
Arch. Its totally possible to get a permit as long as we can form a club (Maryland historical rescue society) as a nonprofit. I'm CPA and i can do the paper work to optain the nonprofit status from the IRS and the state charter. With that we can get the state parks to open the grounds for us to hunt and a local library to hold our meetings. The process is similar as a numismatic club. We need at least 5 members to start The club. I can do the paper work for free. If you or anyone is interested. Write to [email protected]. i need names and phone numbers.
Alex 301-529-2903

Mendoza

I appreciate your collaboration with your service in accounting. I'm very frustrating with this State regarding metal detecting. 2 months ago I submitted already all my paper work to the Montgomery country park department to get permit to detect in Wheaton park and Sligo creek park and still I'm waiting for a respond. I don't expect any respond from there, however, if you own any tax debt to them, be 100% sure they will be over you almost every day collecting your the debt.

In this area only you live to work and pay bills, anything else, it's only possible in your dream.

Architecad

mendozaco700

Greenie
Oct 5, 2010
N Bethesda, MD
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX

Arch,
I totally agree with you. If you need my help i can follow up with you previous request to the county. I need the information about your request and I make a call to the county executive.
Also, I'm organizing a meeting in November in Wheaton to start the nonprofit (Montgomery county metal detecting club). At the meeting i can explain the process and the details to establish the club and the process for the permits. Let's join forces and do this together. We need more members!
Anyone interested in attending can call me at 301-529-2903 or email to [email protected]

Thanks

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used

mendozaco700 said:
Arch,
I totally agree with you. If you need my help i can follow up with you previous request to the county. I need the information about your request and I make a call to the county executive.
Also, I'm organizing a meeting in November in Wheaton to start the nonprofit (Montgomery county metal detecting club). At the meeting i can explain the process and the details to establish the club and the process for the permits. Let's join forces and do this together. We need more members!
Anyone interested in attending can call me at 301-529-2903 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting301-529-2903end_of_the_skype_highlighting or email to [email protected]

Thanks

Can I call you tonight to talk about my permit request?

Arch

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used

mendozaco700 said:
Arch,

Yes you can. I'll talk to you tonight.

Thanks

Alex

Alex

It was a pleasure speaking to you on the telephone today. I'm interested to enjoy in a new Montgomery county metal detecting club that with can create. Count with me and I expect more people enjoy in this new club.

Thanks

Arch

mendozaco700

Greenie
Oct 5, 2010
N Bethesda, MD
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX

Arch,
I enjoyed our conversation. Here are the date, time and place for our first meeting of the NEW

Montgomery County Historical Rescue Metal Detector Club
Sunday, November 7, 2010 at 10:00am
Westfield South Building
11002 Viers Mill Rd # 700
Wheaton, MD 20902
301-529-2903

The building is next to the old Social Security Office in Wheaton Mall.

We can host up to 20. So far there are 5 interested and space is limited. Please email your interest as soon as possible to [email protected]

ALL ARE WELCOME (FREE Event)

At the meeting the following will be addressed;

Club's Name
Club formation
hunting events
Membership
community benefits (nonprofit requirements and opportunities)
Parks Permit Opportunities, and
Other metal detecting events.

Beverage will be provided (free coffee and donuts)

All interested send an email to [email protected]

Alex

Feb 8, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Fellows

I'm making my move to get permit in the Montgomery co. park and state park. I would need help from other that likes to join and create a club in this area. Montgomery county park state in it's regulation #19 state:

Section 19. Metal Detectors, Digging

Using metal detectors and/or digging into the surface of Park Property is prohibited except by permit.

so, it's possible to get permit and I'm trying to get it. What do you think?

Arch
Please keep me informed of your success.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread