Lets talk wireless headphones

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
I am sure that many of you would like to do away with that wire . I know I would . I've been checking out wireless phones on e-bay . I kind of like the looks of the bluetooth . Does anyone know if those will work with my md . All help greatly appreciated . Thanks in advance . HH Paul

Upvote 0
Without getting into a heated debate...

I would think wireless headphones would be unable to provide the necessary frequency response between 200 and 3200 Hz that all metal detectors use. Not to mention the 100ohms you need to hear tones and signals clearly.

I'm sure there is someone out there who knows a little more then I do.. This is just my rule of thumb.
Who knows what you might be missing?

Here's an intresting link.. http://www.detectorpro.com/Compatibility.htm with more information.

ZoSo71

Bluetooth will send and receive, but not from a detector, yet. How are you going to control any extra bluetooth frequencies broadcast from the guy on his cell phone or another detectorist. It might be better not to gum up the works with more plumping.

I have a set that I won at a treasure hunt. I believe they were made by D-Tex. They work, but are rather heavy because they have a built-in FM radio in the headphones. There is a receiver that plugs into the detector with a wire that wraps around the detector shaft. You have to tune the FM radio in the head phone to a certain setting on the FM dial.
I tested the range on them and was very impressed. I threw them on and had a friend go over a coin with the detector and could hear the signal a block away. Don't know what the benefit to that would be though. ???

WILL HEADPHONES HELP THE TONES WITH THE HEARING IMPAIRED....sorry what did you say, I'm one of those hearing impaired,

COULD YOU SPEAK UP A LITTLE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back