What's new

Level Headed Detector

Interesting idea, but I'm doubtful it would work in practicality. :thumbsup:
 
Interesting idea, but I'm doubtful it would work in practicality. :thumbsup:
A glide Cam or steady cam device could work however not very practical and way too much weight.
 
Over the years, I've seen folks swing in about every method imaginable, including the proverbial pendulum style. It always has been, and will continue to be, a neophyte detectorist's issue. Or so I thought! Turns out, once such individual just couldn't make his arm move correctly. Someone suggested using the opposite arm, albeit that would seem an odd suggestion, but it did work.
 
Wouldn't work for me.......I hate a floppy coil.....
 
I highly doubt it and I would not want one as wave action and detecting motion would affect it in my view.
 
Agree with TH, pin pointing may be a challenge. I detect in a 180 arc which allows me to keep the coil flat to the ground.
 
I highly doubt it and I would not want one as wave action and detecting motion would affect it in my view.
How about using such a device to walk only in a straight-line fashion? Not practical, however doable and unrealistic.
 
I highly doubt it and I would not want one as wave action and detecting motion would affect it in my view.

Perhaps not for every situation. Perhaps a lock down capability for scanning slopes and such.

But the question remains .... Does there exist ....
 
Your suggestion might be too heavy, but my idea does not require excessive weight.
In order to make the guide cam work there should be at least twice or more then weight of the coil added to the guide cam set up.
 
Perhaps not for every situation. Perhaps a lock down capability for scanning slopes and such.

But the question remains .... Does there exist ....

It doesnt exist that I am aware of, it would have to be sold by one of the major manufacturers to be reliable so you could research them, but they woukd have already been advertised in my opinion.
 
For normal everyday detecting I think it would actually cause a decrease in coil control, which would increase errant swinging.

Maybe it would work in a very specific circumstance, but otherwise doesn't seem practical.
 
I've forgotten about those 'thingies', and rightfully so! They quadruple the chances of breaking shafts and damaging coils. No thanks, 99% or not!:cross:
 
I've forgotten about those 'thingies', and rightfully so! They quadruple the chances of breaking shafts and damaging coils. No thanks, 99% or not!:cross:
Lol ... its not a hockey stick, you ever used one ?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom