liability contract

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Anyone ever did this , found a supposed loaded spot of civil war items , but landowner says he is scared , liability concerns , and ask if i would make him up a contract. then permission would be granted . not that i care to do it, i totally understand the guy. im used to timber contracts, but just dont know the way to do one up for treasure hunting.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe there is a standard liability agreement at your local stationer store. That's were I would get a pad of contracts when I needed them. Or possibly a liability agreement sample of what to agree to online somewhere. Good luck.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many states have laws that protect landowners that allow the public to recreationally use their land. Mostly intended for hunters and hikers, it would apply to you if KY is one of those states. Might soothe the landowners concerns.

Just do something like "I agree to hold XXX blameless while on his property" or some such. Simple is better.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O.k. My own father had me sign a waiver to do work on his house. It wasn't about him so much as it was for the insurance company. Its funny 'cause I have broken numerous bones while trespassing to fish in quarries and never sued anyone. Maybe my dad is a "Richard", but "honor thy father and mother", and the work needed doing, so I signed. No harm done.

The owner of the property you would like to detect is just trying to protect his interests. Why should you gain everything while he might be liable?

For a contract include that damages to him and also damages to you will be excluded from litigation, and that any damages to him must be settled our of court through impartial arbitration. Include everything discussed along with any split of prizes offered.

Be sure to thank him. The last thing you want is to sue a property owner for you getting hurt while they are being kind to the sport.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread