What's new

Liberty Equality Fraternity !!!

robfinds

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
3,531
Reaction score
4,422
Golden Thread
5
Location
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
This afternoons finds were an interesting bunch. A French copper coin dated 1921 bearing the moto of the French revolution. Liberty Equality Fraternity, this they would cry, as they cheerfully guillotined the losers :laughing7:. A small button, interesting because of it's age, Tudor . A lead medieval loom weight, used for spinning wool. And the best find, a nice medieval purse bar, in great condition. The purse would have been suspended below the bar. Sadly the contents of the purse were no where to be found. (trust me I did look).:laughing7:

Robert.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6362.webp
    IMG_6362.webp
    277.5 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 8
Its so cool that you guys across the pond dig so much different stuff and know exactly what it is . I look at that picture and think wow that's a cool picture of some really old stuff but what in the world is it . I have a hard enough of a time figuring out what I dig here I cant even imagine what it would be like over there . But I would love to try :dontknow::laughing7:
 
Its so cool that you guys across the pond dig so much different stuff and know exactly what it is . I look at that picture and think wow that's a cool picture of some really old stuff but what in the world is it . I have a hard enough of a time figuring out what I dig here I cant even imagine what it would be like over there . But I would love to try :dontknow::laughing7:
had a few medieval purse bars over the years Wheat. Never had any coins with them though.
 
From the top of my head, it's just post-Medieval - a 1550 style, in fact the last of the purse bar types/styles to be produced.

What no hammered - lol

Still I would take that lot anytime - good hunt...
 
From the top of my head, it's just post-Medieval - a 1550 style, in fact the last of the purse bar types/styles to be produced.

What no hammered - lol

Still I would take that lot anytime - good hunt...
No hammered Cru, think I'm going to pack this hobby in :laughing7:. Yes the purse bar does look a bit late.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom