What's new

Liberty necklace

packerbacker

Gold Member
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
8,350
Reaction score
2,992
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My granddaughter is visiting in California from Colorado. She really got into coin roll hunting while she was here and was wanting to take a silver one home so we had one mounted for her. She picked out the half herself from some we had found. She loves it!
 

Attachments

  • necklace1.webp
    necklace1.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 315
  • necklace.webp
    necklace.webp
    30.4 KB · Views: 316
Upvote 0
Very nice looking necklace and a lovely looking young lady wearing it. Look out ME_CO, looks like you will have some competition when she gets home.
 
You are one gifted person. That necklace is absolutely gorgeous, and I know you are proud of your granddaugther!!!!
 
Beautiful all around........well done PB!!
 
Competition? I better get after it then. Where did you get the bezel? Regular jewelry store or? I need a couple of them. Walker sure makes a nice necklace. Thanks for sharing, Mark
 
Thanks for the replies folks. Yes, we had it mounted at a regular jewelry store. They even shined up the half before they mounted it. Had it been a rare coin it would have mattered but this one isn't worth a lot.
 
packerbacker said:
...........but this one isn't worth a lot.
Well, actually now it is a cherished treasure so it is virtually priceless, just like the little lady wearing it is to you................
 
Nice. My next batch of 40% is going to be cashed in for a 2 1/2 dollar gold indian. I need to find a gold bezel for my wife. I'll look at the link for some gold bezels.
 
soldierman said:
Nice. My next batch of 40% is going to be cashed in for a 2 1/2 dollar gold indian. I need to find a gold bezel for my wife. I'll look at the link for some gold bezels.
Here's another place online with lots of bezels http://www.flintski.com/coin_bezels.htm

On my way home from the bank I stopped of at the lapidary/rock shop and got lucky. They had one just the way I wanted, moms silver '76 sure looks sweet in it too. Thanks for the reallity jolt- her Bday was the 13th when I gave her the coin I said I will have to get a bezel to put it in- wouldn't have happened near this soon without this post. HH Mark
 
btw....the jewelry store soldered the bezel so it can't come loose. They figured it was a good idea for a "kids" necklace. They also advised her not to wear it in a chlorinated pool as that has some effect on silver. Just a few tips for anyone else that decides to do this.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom