Lights, nobody home.

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Light's, nobody home.

I carry a White's Bullseye II in my pouch as a backup pin pointer. It's always worked, never a problem. Today I used it to check something out and the only thing that worked was the light. Button seems fine but no detection. Put in a fresh battery, no difference LED works fine but nothing else. Can't image the button or circuit would fail without some trauma to it which hasn't happened. Anyone hear of this problem?

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a piece of electronics. Anything can happen without abuse.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Um.. doesn't that have a sensitivity knob that has to be adjusted? Got 2 in a trade and sold them but thought they were just like the harbor freight with a knob that if turned will make it beep all the time or not at all if turned too far the other way. Also a switch in the battery compartment that turns on the speaker or vibrate.. may want to try vibrate and see if that works. Also remember the battery contacts inside one were bent when I got it and it was intermittent but the light still worked.. bent them back so it made better contact and all was good.
Hope something there helps.

OP
OP
F

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks airscapes, been through all the obvious stuff you mentioned. I talked to Steve Howard at White's. He wants to look at it so I sent it off to him today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread