What's new

Like a needle in a haystack

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It rained most of the morning and cleared around 3pm. I went for a couple of hours in a field. Cover crop is thick but got lucky and found 1 nice little point. The rest have damage and the tiny drill is a shame. I think the pottery fits the point Mississippian. N GA, rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC10239.webp
    SDC10239.webp
    651.8 KB · Views: 146
  • SDC10235.webp
    SDC10235.webp
    295.2 KB · Views: 158
  • SDC10236.webp
    SDC10236.webp
    280.5 KB · Views: 164
  • SDC10241.webp
    SDC10241.webp
    300.2 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 0
Good hunt ,it's hard to see things with any type of ground cover, you did good.:thumbsup:
 
Good hunt ,it's hard to see things with any type of ground cover, you did good.:thumbsup:

Thanks it was just a couple of hours had to look for rows that showed some dirt. Most of the rows weren't clear at all. They aren't going to plow much this year is what I was told. I guess it will be mostly creek hunting for me this year :(
 
I have also been told that no till is the way most farmers are going. Glad you got out to find something!
 
Good eye boss !!!
 
I have also been told that no till is the way most farmers are going. Glad you got out to find something!

Yeah they didn't make much profit on the cotton harvest last year so not much money to reinvest this year. Hopefully they will plant corn instead. Just as long as it isn't soybean which is the worst. I think they plant on a different creek to and I will ask to see if I can get in that one. I believe 5 creeks will keep me busy enough. Thanks
 
You had a good hunt, especially considering the conditions.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom