Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
This year I decided to make a few kits for the Excalibur instead of hunting the 38 degree cold waters. Open...Jan 1 to Feb 15. Shop is Now closed but like to share a few shots of these Jewels, each like a fine Diamond.

All evolved from hunting deep saltwater over the past two years with hundreds of hours of testing, then taking what I learned and making these kits. Each endcap is beyond factor specs with a fatter o-ring and tighter clearances then polished to a diamond luster. And........... I finally Mastered Making those Black Pod covers...They Look factory Perfect!

Best to all this coming Season! Come on Warm Waters!! I'm ready to hunt!!

Joe

A note from a Water hunter who has used and just got another complete kit this past round.
XXX
After several years and multiple detectors, ATX, ctx etc, seems like you just cannot beat a modified Excalibur.

Attachments

• OBN0111.jpg
    OBN0111.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 534
  • OBN0004.jpg
    OBN0004.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 363
  • OBN0003.jpg
    OBN0003.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 313
  • OBN0002.jpg
    OBN0002.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 550
  • OBN0115.jpg
    OBN0115.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 286
  • OBN0009.jpg
    OBN0009.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 378
  • OBN0101.jpg
    OBN0101.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 413
  • OBN0008.jpg
    OBN0008.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 391
Upvote 0

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Joe,
I would love to put a pinpoint mod on my Excalibur! Thank you for the drool worthy pictures!
Best of luck hunting..

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sweet kits Joe!
Finally the ability to change coils AND the PP handle IF the switch should fail ....without the need to open up the unit.

Cliff

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks again for all you've done for the hobby.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN, you are the master! And I would have to agree that the modified Excal is still top dog on the beach. I just wish I could have gotten to you to have those coil connectors installed before you closed shop. But, I am working on something else that I think will serve my purposes. Only time will tell? I can't wait to get back out there again this year! :thumbsup:

Pull Tabs

Apr 9, 2015
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Bountyhunter, 2 Howie scoops 1 RTG scoop
Primary Interest:
Nice work OBN. Those kits and units look tight.

sexton

Apr 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wait a minute your posted said you close on the 15th today is Feb. 13
you have two more days get busy crank out some more of that beautiful work that you do.

updownup

Mar 28, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Cz 20, Excalibur, Whites oldies and Sovereign elite.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice OBN. Your workmanship is marvelous and so is your kindness. Maybe I can get some treasure next year if your shop reopens. Good luck on hunting season!

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Master Joe, you are THE GREATEST...

antigrav1117

Tenderfoot
May 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
~ OBN ~ Closed until?? I have a 2001 Excal. I did alot of research when I purchased it then... I think it was 1100 with taxes- bought from Kellyco. Still works beautifully, but I have finally gotten the headphone cord break in the strain relief issue.. ha. I've built my own shafts and such- I have a very short non-metallic dice shaft- but I'm pretty sure I'd love the PP mod. It seems the old stock blue headphones are hard to beat- anyways.. I'm definitely gonna mod it- and having lurked and read you for years .. you sir are the GURU.. so I'd LOVE to be able to get modded off of your expertise. Count me as an eager customer if/when you reopen shop!
Respectfully-

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
How did I ever miss this thread? It's 4 months old and I didn't see it!

Beautiful work! Sure does look better than factory :)

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
~ OBN ~ Closed until?? I have a 2001 Excal. I did alot of research when I purchased it then... I think it was 1100 with taxes- bought from Kellyco. Still works beautifully, but I have finally gotten the headphone cord break in the strain relief issue.. ha. I've built my own shafts and such- I have a very short non-metallic dice shaft- but I'm pretty sure I'd love the PP mod. It seems the old stock blue headphones are hard to beat- anyways.. I'm definitely gonna mod it- and having lurked and read you for years .. you sir are the GURU.. so I'd LOVE to be able to get modded off of your expertise. Count me as an eager customer if/when you reopen shop!
Respectfully-
Yes, Until Jan. Thank You. I'm a Pirate the rest of the year. A couple of this years finds

OBN0000 (4).jpg OBN0002.jpg OBN0003.jpg OBN0003.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread