Like New Minelabs

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What he's really saying is that it's used hard, scratched and beat but it comes in a factory box. If has ZERO factory warranty and he's betting you won't use it long enough to figure out it doesn't work right.

Could be a store demo model. They come new with a three year warranty, so he's used it for two years and wants to sell it while it's still under warranty.

I went over and took a look at it, he had 2 or 3 of them, everything looks new,coil is still in original package hasn't been opened, along with the wing nut, bolt for the coil and starps are still in unopened bag...everything looks new, but you can tell the shafts have been put together...the only thing is why one year on warranty...he's a reg. minelab dealer....for $550 along with a minelab pinpointer a bag and dust cover....so I took it....I am going to call minelab with the serial number in the morning and see what they have to say about it. Evan the warranty card says one year on it...

Last edited:
It may be they have changed the length of their warranty program, or it's a detector that's been returned & repaired, but at that price and all that comes with it you're getting a great deal. With a ML detector, chances are good you'll never have to use the warranty...brain just kicked in from my retail sales days, if an item has been opened and on display where people get their grimey little hands on the item & play with it you have to sell it as like new & the warranty is usually reduced because the manufacturer has no control over what has happened to it.

Last edited:
I went over and took a look at it, he had 2 or 3 of them, everything looks new,coil is still in original package hasn't been opened, along with the wing nut, bolt for the coil and starps are still in unopened bag...everything looks new, but you can tell the shafts have been put together...the only thing is why one year on warranty...he's a reg. minelab dealer....for $550 along with a minelab pinpointer a bag and dust cover....so I took it....I am going to call minelab with the serial number in the morning and see what they have to say about it. Evan the warranty card says one year on it...

It may be an older Model, in Like new condition.
All Minelabs used to have 1 Year warranties.
It's only been Increased to 3 years (and Transferable) over the last few years.

Jeff is correct on warranty....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

I called Minelab this morning to ask them about the 705 and what the deal is on the one year warranty..and they said its on machines that they take back for what ever reason...probably not working.... and they go thou them, and send them to Dealers to sale as what they call gently used at a lot lower price...so Minelab puts a one year warranty on them and this dealer adds 2 years that he covers on it to make it a 3 year warranty.....and that's on all there minelab machines with certain dealers that ask for that kind of stuff from minelab... not all dealers do that....I think he told me he has some e-tracks to...

Factory refurbished machines have a 1 year warranty. A dealer is required to tell you its refurbished.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back