- Joined
- Dec 6, 2010
- Messages
- 659
- Reaction score
- 890
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- SC Lowcountry
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher F75SE, Bandido II, Sovereign GT, Fisher1280X, Nautilus DMCIIB, Deus2, Manticore.
- Primary Interest:
- Shipwrecks
- #1
Thread Owner
I found this while metal detecting in a field in the SC Low Country many years ago. My first thought was Meteorite. The problem is that it does not attract to magnets. It was about 8 inches down and had no rust crust on it, it came out of the ground as you see it. It is 1.75"X.75"X.75" and weighs 2.74oz. I ground off one spot that shows light gray with silver sparkles. Another side has a spot where it is slightly crumbly. Is this a chunk of metal slag? If so how do I figure out it's composition without sending it to a lab?








