That's quite a haul!! ...But my back is hurting already. :sign10:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're off to a great start! :occasion14:

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's hard not to like a Compadre. You're not going to miss anything with the discrimination setting that you're using.

tabman

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on your new machine! I'm glad you like it. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratz on your new machine! I'm glad you like it. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

Sorry to divert the topic but just saw you Sig and that you found a gem Micromatic razor. That meshes another hobby(if you want to call it that) of traditional shaving. I use double edge razors and the gem is a single edge but that's sweet!! I own at least one of every double edge that Gillette ever made haha. Some I even had replated to new because I liked them so much.
Just wanted to say how cool that is.
If I could ever find one it would automatically be my favorite because I found it with one hobby and use it for another.
Very cool

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a super little machine! Went to a couple sand lots then back in the woods to an old abandoned park. Nothing real old. So far in the sand I set it at iron and dig everything that I can get to repeat. I'm trying to post a pic of my finds hope it works! Thanks for all the posts on the compadre! Oh yeah mine is the 8 in model.

I can honestly say that the compadre is THE BEST bang for your buck in detecting nowadays.
Great haul brother and keep in hunting!!

I loved my 8" so much that I bought the 5.75. comes in handy. Modding it would void the warranty so they're cheap enough to buy a second. Plus you can screw the thing up by having to adjust the insides for the other coil.

They are the only tesoro units I bought new.

I imagine the "worlds greatest drinker" find was lost while drunk haha

Last edited:

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can honestly say that the compadre is THE BEST bang for your buck in detecting nowadays.
Great haul brother and keep in hunting!!

I loved my 8" so much that I bought the 5.75. comes in handy. Modding it would void the warranty so they're cheap enough to buy a second. Plus you can screw the thing up by having to adjust the insides for the other coil.

They are the only tesoro units I bought new.

I imagine the "worlds greatest drinker" find was lost while drunk haha

I didn't know you got a Vaquero. Get that 11x8 coil, what are you waiting for!

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can have nearly as much success and definitely as much fun swinging that Compadre as you would with any detector. Looks like you've figured that out already.
luvsdux

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can have nearly as much success and definitely as much fun swinging that Compadre as you would with any detector. Looks like you've figured that out already.
luvsdux

With the waterproof detectors priced higher than I think they're worth, I would like a waterproof compadre I could use in creeks and not worry about dropping it. Some electronics I've worked on over the years, the boards and components were sealed in some kind of epoxy. Don't have to worry about a waterproof container....
(you obviously couldn't repair then, but then again, I'd consider the main board in a compadre as throwaway any how)

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad the compadre is giveing you great results.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't know you got a Vaquero. Get that 11x8 coil, what are you waiting for!

Haha if I get more 4 pins, I have my eye on the 10" elliptical (if I can find one without 1000 ft of cable) and also looking into CORS coils for it.
But for now the 9x8 is working well enough.
So many detectors so little time.
Crazy how different the disc is between the cibola and Vaquero.
Cibola nickel comes in just above "foil line" below 5c and zinc Penn falls out at the A in "max".
Vaquero nickel falls out a little above 5c line and zinc falls out just after zinc line.
Cibola had larger area between which could be better for gold I guess .

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha if I get more 4 pins, I have my eye on the 10" elliptical (if I can find one without 1000 ft of cable) and also looking into CORS coils for it.
But for now the 9x8 is working well enough.
So many detectors so little time.
Crazy how different the disc is between the cibola and Vaquero.
Cibola nickel comes in just above "foil line" below 5c and zinc Penn falls out at the A in "max".
Vaquero nickel falls out a little above 5c line and zinc falls out just after zinc line.
Cibola had larger area between which could be better for gold I guess .

Maybe your dirt isn't as dirty as mine. I'd bet sometimes my dirt is rusting around here!

The 11x8 made a huge difference on my Silver uMax, I went ahead and got one for my Cibola. And bought a new Vaquero with the 11x8.

Huge difference in the dirty dirt....

Air tests were about the same as the 9x8 stock, you'd think something was wrong with the 11x8....

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe your dirt isn't as dirty as mine. I'd bet sometimes my dirt is rusting around here!

The 11x8 made a huge difference on my Silver uMax, I went ahead and got one for my Cibola. And bought a new Vaquero with the 11x8.

Huge difference in the dirty dirt....

Air tests were about the same as the 9x8 stock, you'd think something was wrong with the 11x8....

I've heard that the RSD coils don't air test very well but are very good in the ground.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First day I got my compadre I fell in love
I was using the ace 350 starting late last season. Didn't know what u was missing.
That was also the last day I used my ace 350 lol.
That next week is when I started buying my plethora of tesoros.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread