Lincoln had pierced lips!

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, at least this penny would suggest he had pierced lips.
Can anyone tell me what type of error this may be?
I am thinking possible die clash or crack?

9457C336-EC8D-4964-A0C7-96DAD000267D.jpeg 27712C69-5DC3-4213-88C3-B7D8CC08F1A2.jpeg

Thanks for your input!

Last edited:
I would call it Lincoln sparking a doob.

Looks like a linear plating blister to me.

Looks like a linear plating blister to me.

Linear plating blister, a new term for me. I’ll have to look that up thank you so much!

Not a die crack. If it was it would have to start at the rim and proceed inwards. As others have said, zinc plating blister. I would think that the zinc plate had a minor burn blister on the sheet prior to stamping of planchets, then when the coin was Stamped, the blister broke then flattened. Just as if you got a burn blister on your skin, then lance it with a needle, skin doesn't all go back to normal texture., at least not for the moment.

Not a die crack. If it was it would have to start at the rim and proceed inwards. As others have said, zinc plating blister. I would think that the zinc plate had a minor burn blister on the sheet prior to stamping of planchets, then when the coin was Stamped, the blister broke then flattened. Just as if you got a burn blister on your skin, then lance it with a needle, skin doesn't all go back to normal texture., at least not for the moment.

Die cracks don't have to start at the rim. They can appear anywhere on a coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back