Line in my display

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75+
About two months ago, I started the machine and found a narrow vertical line on the RH side of my display. Tried shutting it off, also took out the battery for a few minutes but it was still there. Battery was a little low. Charged it and the issue went away.

Now two months later I'm having the same issue again but nothing I've tried will make the line go away.
Where it is, it really doesn't affect my hunt or display of normal readings on the screen.

Anyone else have this?
Were you able to cure it or does it need to visit it's maker?

migrider56

Mar 1, 2013
Copperas Cove, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX3030,Minelab xterra 705, Excalibur 1000, Excalibur ii 1000, Garrett GTI 2000, Garrett Ace 250, Whites DFX, V3I, Mx sport
Mine did that as well and it’s was a bad display.

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Jeff, contact Minelab with serial number and give them a description of your problem and see what they say. Minelab has been very helpful to me and my CTX 3030 is out of warranty. The Technical folks at Minelab will help you find a solution to your problem.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeff, contact Minelab with serial number and give them a description of your problem and see what they say. Minelab has been very helpful to me and my CTX 3030 is out of warranty. The Technical folks at Minelab will help you find a solution to your problem.

Agreed, Minelab is great about getting the customer fixed up!

OP
OP
Jeff In North Georgia

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used

Sent them an Email.

Mine is ~ 1 year out of warranty.
They said it would be ~$300 including the return shipping as long as nothing else is bad / wrong.

Since its not in an area I commonly view, I'm in no hurry to fix it at that price!

Attachments

• DSCN2504.JPG
    DSCN2504.JPG
    218.2 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yea, I understand. I will keep a lookout for parts available on Craigslist, Fb marketplace and read some books to see if I can find a solution in some reading about that problem ur having

OP
OP
Jeff In North Georgia

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
I've been busy around the house for the last couple of months doing some remodeling and haven't been out detecting.
Got out last weekend and to my surprise my line was gone!
But my joy was short lived. It came back in the same place but was twice as long this time?
I was only out for ~2 hours but the longer line came and left 3 or 4 times during the hunt.
Is this a poor connection problem somewhere or is my display on the way out?

Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread