Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SOFTWARE V.4.0

These latest additions can be found in the V 4.0 software:

Compatibility with MI-6 Pinpointer.
Compatibility with the 2 new optional high frequency search coils (15, 30 or 55 kHz).
Improved mineralization rejection.
Reactivity level 3 is more efficient.
A more versatile Reactivity level of 2.5.
Advanced Reactivity levels for program N°10 GOLDFIELD.
Improved identification on large iron targets.
Better ground tracking, now independent to the current Reactivity level.
Tones can be adjusted to reach 1000 Hz.
Target ID Normalization feature is now incorporated into the headphones.
Go Detect app for smartphones is now compatible with the DEUS, featuring a tracking display, user target information and their GPS coordinates.

I'm curious how the Remote will Link to my phone if using Go Detect?

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe it's going to be a WiFi link! The Deus communicates through radio frequency, so it already has RF transmitters and receivers in each component.... I would guess it will make a WiFi network that you'll connect to with your phone.

This is exactly how my GoPro connects to my phone. You enable the wifi button on the GoPro, connect to the broadcasted network and then your phone uses the GoPro app and becomes a viewfinder for the camera and can make it take pictures.

This is just my theory btw.... Based on nothing else except it would make sense given the technology the Deus uses AND what I know works and have used on my GoPro.

OP
OP
rick67

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would believe your right.
Hope the App is fixed though. I tried using it last year and got nowhere. Just tried it with a new phone and same thing (grey screen no map). Sent a email to see if repairable.

Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now can this be a update on what i'm using now?

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Yes
When they release the 4.V it will have all of the above capabilities.
Just upload it to your controller.
Only some updates will only work with the new high frequency coils.

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They aint releasing anytime soon, been talking about it for year and a half and now being taken to court, we are screwed.......

Jim

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do a google search on "Minelab Sues XP". According to one article I read, the lawsuit is based on a Minelab patent regarding data transmission between detectors and between a detector and a computer. Does not appear to involve wireless technology and the patent (as is typical) is so broadly written that a number of MD manufacturers could be accused of having infringed on it. For example, one article states, "According to the complaint, the plaintiff alleges that it suffered damages to its business...because the defendants allegedly manufacture and offer for sale metal detectors that can store data." What I find most interesting is that Minelab, an Australian owned company, is suing XP (a French owned company) in a United States court (because it is a US patent). Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Last edited:

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol well the waiting continues.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread