IMG_4524.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 95

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no other markings on it that i can even make out other than the G? thanks for any help! 2-1/4" Long, 5/8" OD
Welcome to Tnet kmccabe.Judging from others I,ve seen on here I,d say that,s what you have.Any markings or writing on it? That might help to make the ID more certain. There,ll be some more along to either confirm that ID or offer another opinion.Good place,this site,not much gets by these old boys,or girls. Where do you hail from?

Last edited:
Upvote 1
OP
OP
K

kmccabe

Jan 13, 2022
Welcome to Tnet kmccabe.Judging from others I,ve seen on here I,d say that,s what you have.Any markings or writing on it? That might help to make the ID more certain. There,ll be some more along to either confirm that ID or offer another opinion.Good place,this site,not much gets by these old boy,or girls. Where do you hail from?
thanks crash! only marking on it were in the pic but looks it was lipstick after all. and i live in Los Gatos, CA

Upvote 1

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks crash! only marking on it were in the pic but looks it was lipstick after all. and i live in Los Gatos, CA
Yeah,I had a brain fart and forgot you,d already said that in your post! It,s nice,Thanks for your location, I just like to know,an idiosyncracy of mine.

Upvote 0

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is it made of?
It doesn't look like metal to me, therefore I really doubt it is a lipstick casing.

It has, "C" in script, could be the bottom of a cane?

Upvote 1

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no other markings on it that i can even make out other than the G? thanks for any help! 2-1/4" Long, 5/8" OD
I think your pretty close on the Lip Stick

Upvote 1

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's mid 20th century, likely WWII-1950's era. Believe it or not but lipstick tubes have only existed for about a century or so, and the early ones weren't even round.

Upvote 1

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really, Do you have a picture of the earlier once? Or a web site that you can think of?
I actually had this image on my phone already, it is one of the first lipstick tubes from the early 1920's, before this lipstick was applied with a brush like paint.

Attachments

• History-of-makeup-Lipstick-1920s-Charamy.jpg
    History-of-makeup-Lipstick-1920s-Charamy.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 34
Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions