List of Some Thrift Finds

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I learned about thrift store deals in SoCal. I hit three stores about two to three times a week. Some of my best finds have been:

1. PRADA Leather Shoulder Bag $10 ret $1000 (new)
2. Fender Stratocaster (Mexican) Guitar $129 ret $350-$400 ($700 new)
3. BC Rich Warlock Platinum w/Coffin Case Guitar$71 ret $250-$300
4. Ibanez RG220B w/Hardshell Case Guitar $80 ret $300
5. Roland CUBE 30X Amp $45 ret $150
6. Elna XQuisit II Embroidery Machine $200 ret $1500
7. Consew CP206R Walking Foot Leather
Sewing Machine $220 ret $400-$500

Not counting all the high end hiking boots, antique books, bikes, military gear, etc. I have been a Thrift Store Junkie for about twenty years.

Mike

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds. Those are some “high” prices for thrift store items but clearly well worth it. For some reason I can’t see myself spending more than $10 on an item. I probably need to branch out more

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one of my best a few years ago - a small travel purse I bought for $ 3.99 that had a $100 Visa card, a $50 Sears gift card, a $25 Sears card and a three year old receipt for one of the Sears cards tucked into one of its pockets. All good with full balances on them. Hadn’t been recently bought so long lost and forgotten by their owner and a few nice shopping trips for me.

And an expensive item recently purchased for $7.50. One of those electronic Smart toilet seats that gives you a wash, a rinse and a blow dry when you sit on the toilet. New and unused in the box. It apparently had been an unappreciated Xmas gift because it still had some wrapping paper in the box.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one of my best a few years ago - a small travel purse I bought for $ 3.99 that had a $100 Visa card, a $50 Sears gift card, a $25 Sears card and a three year old receipt for one of the Sears cards tucked into one of its pockets. All good with full balances on them. Hadn’t been recently bought so long lost and forgotten by their owner and a few nice shopping trips for me.

And an expensive item recently purchased for $7.50. One of those electronic Smart toilet seats that gives you a wash, a rinse and a blow dry when you sit on the toilet. New and unused in the box. It apparently had been an unappreciated Xmas gift because it still had some wrapping paper in the box.

Whaaaat!? You got a bidet for $7.50. With the great toilet paper shortage of 2020 upon us you are saving a ton of money and time!

All jokes aside, hope everyone is doing well.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome scores I wish I had enough time to post all the amazing stuff Ive gotten out of these places I feel like Im robbing them lol lbs of silver literally

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread