What's new

Little Disappointed

Hal2k

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2016
Messages
294
Reaction score
957
Golden Thread
0
Location
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Purchased the 9 X 12 concentric coil for my AT Pro a few days ago, so far a little disappointed with the coil. Have not used but couple times so far, found a toatal amout of 12 cents so far. The biggest compliant I have to this point is the coil is very heavy, I will give it a work out nextr week that will let me know if it is a keeper are not.
 
Just curious---what did you not like about the stock coil?
 
Just curious---what did you not like about the stock coil?

All the reviews I read it seemed the 9 x 12 woud be a better coil in low minerlized soil and it maybe I will find out next week just how well it does I will have time to put the coil through the paces, I'm not giving up on it yet.
 
Give it some time.......when I switch to a DD coil, it doesn't feel right with me either, yet, I know there are places where it is a better choice.
 
You think that is heavy you ought to try the Big Nel 17 inches
 
Well what are you hunting? Silver / Relics or Clad / Jewelry. I've found that a coil will get heavier if you're not digging. Sometimes even beach hunting will have dead zones which equals sore arms. My favorite At Pro coil. The 5x8 light and it's a killer.

Dancer
 
You have good days and you have bad days, but it is always a little disappointing to have a bad day after an upgrade. This does not mean your purchase was fruitless, but it can, does not mean its operator error, but it can; however if the ground your on has nothing to give up then your not going to find anything.

You should give prospecting or nugget shooting a try; you can get used to not finding what you want fairly fast. You know you are on some bad ground when a 1 gram nugget makes your day; not even worth calling it a nugget that small, but when you find it, its a nugget. LOL
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom