What's new

So frustrated!

MtnManJack

Full Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2017
Messages
117
Reaction score
110
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra Pro & Nokta Simplex LITE.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I purchased the Xterra Pro several months ago and have only used it a handful of times or so. I get so frustrated with it! I have messed with the settings as much as possible and it always seems way too chatty. I have even swapped out the stock coil with the 8" and it feels it's just as bad as the 12". I've gotten to the point where I dread using it, but don't want it sitting around collecting dust. What else can I do? I feel like selling it is my only option at this point. Is it this chatty for everyone else, too? I spend so much time trying to figure out if the beeps I am hearing are a target or if it's just randomly squawking. It's so frustrating!
 
Have you talked about it with the retailer you purchased it from?

I'm sure you've already tried this, but I'll suggest it anyway. Have you tried turning
down the sensitivity? Have you checked the coil connection?

Does the interference occur in assorted hunting locations, or just one?

If I had those kinds issues with a machine, and it was still new I'd be talking
to the manufacturer and getting a repair/return number for it.
 
Yeah, I would talk to someone at Minelab. I have one and it's not chatty at all, even with my neighbor's underground dog fence turned on.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom