Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, me and my two girls made a little excursion to the creek and saw some beautiful things......one thing in particular was that the creek was running! :hello2: After being so dry for so long here in Okla., its a blessing to see water in the creek again! And all the little draws/ditches that filter off the high prairie were running with water, too. One in particular was so gorgeous, it made little stair steps and formed small pools as it drained down into the creek bottom.
Here's some pics and thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_5719 (700x467).jpg
    IMG_5719 (700x467).jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_2187 (525x700).jpg
    IMG_2187 (525x700).jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_2177 (700x525).jpg
    IMG_2177 (700x525).jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_2186 (700x525).jpg
    IMG_2186 (700x525).jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_5719 (700x467).jpg
    IMG_5719 (700x467).jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 387
OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few more....anyone know what the little bug thingy/cocoon is in the last 2 pictures?

Attachments

• IMG_2162 (700x525).jpg
    IMG_2162 (700x525).jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_2161 (700x461).jpg
    IMG_2161 (700x461).jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_5715 (700x467).jpg
    IMG_5715 (700x467).jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_5720 (700x467).jpg
    IMG_5720 (700x467).jpg
    123 KB · Views: 393

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes; I am quite sure that thing on the rock is a praying mantis egg packet. The female praying mantis lays that and the babies hatch or emerge from that. Old digger.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Praying mantis eggs! I see those all the time, never knew who laid them! That place looks really nice, especially with water!!! :laughing9: I see Josie is packin' :hello: Looks like y'all had a nice outing, and even more nice weather coming up this week :hello2:

happy hunting!
lisa

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
old digger said:
Yes; I am quite sure that thing on the rock is a praying mantis egg packet. The female praying mantis lays that and the babies hatch or emerge from that. Old digger.
Thanks old digger :hello: for that information! I have seen these things for years and often wondered what they were.
naturegirl said:
Praying mantis eggs! I see those all the time, never knew who laid them! That place looks really nice, especially with water!!! :laughing9: I see Josie is packin' :hello: Looks like y'all had a nice outing, and even more nice weather coming up this week :hello2:

happy hunting!
lisa
Josie is always packing, Lisa :wink: ...she never leaves home without that camera.
And the water was so beautiful......we found that little draw way out on top of the prairie. It started high up on a hill and kept getting deeper as it wound its way down into the creek bottom. There were the prettiest little pools of water all the way down and the rocks formed a natural slide. Its such a great time to be in the woods with all this mild winter weather we've been having :icon_sunny: ---I wish every winter was like this!

Carmon~

M

mikusek

Nice pictures, I like that stream, makes me long for the praries, guess I will always be drawn to that type landscape. The mountains are pretty and interesting, but I can't hardly put a shovel in the ground without hitting a rock in our yard. Now if there was a nugget or two once in a while, wouldn't mind so much, but in this location, we have brownish dirt, sand, rocks, and iron pyrite flakes, which does make the dirt sparkle. Ah, if those flakes were the real thing....

We have the praying mantis egss around here too, one on the front of the house by the door right now, been a new one there each year for the past three years.

Here's a photo of one of those many rocks, lichen growing on it, took the picture while walking the dog on Lookout Mt.

Attachments

• lichen-lookoutmt.jpg
    lichen-lookoutmt.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 373
OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mikusek said:
Nice pictures, I like that stream, makes me long for the praries, guess I will always be drawn to that type landscape. The mountains are pretty and interesting, but I can't hardly put a shovel in the ground without hitting a rock in our yard. Now if there was a nugget or two once in a while, wouldn't mind so much, but in this location, we have brownish dirt, sand, rocks, and iron pyrite flakes, which does make the dirt sparkle. Ah, if those flakes were the real thing....

We have the praying mantis egss around here too, one on the front of the house by the door right now, been a new one there each year for the past three years.

Here's a photo of one of those many rocks, lichen growing on it, took the picture while walking the dog on Lookout Mt.
Neat rock, mikusek...I love the prairies, too, but would like to see the Colorado mountains someday and look for Spanish treasure and dig for gold :thumbsup: .
:hello:
~Carmon~

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always like the pics of Oklahoma. I've been in the mountains here in Summit Co., CO for eight years now, but kinda miss the plains from time to time. To cure that, I just remember choppin cotton in late June when it was a 105 in the shade. Hottest it ever got here was 81 degrees about 5 years ago. I hope y'all get to come up here sometime Charmin, and come in the summertime, cause you can't beat it. Winter's ok, but they're pretty tough up here at 10,000ft. on flatlanders. Adios. (Like the boots on the left in that second pic, kiddo!)

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Always like the pics of Oklahoma. I've been in the mountains here in Summit Co., CO for eight years now, but kinda miss the plains from time to time. To cure that, I just remember choppin cotton in late June when it was a 105 in the shade. Hottest it ever got here was 81 degrees about 5 years ago. I hope y'all get to come up here sometime Charmin, and come in the summertime, cause you can't beat it. Winter's ok, but they're pretty tough up here at 10,000ft. on flatlanders. Adios. (Like the boots on the left in that second pic, kiddo!)
Yeah, I wouldn't want to come to the mountains except in the summer months---I don't like snow! We've been a little spoiled this winter here in Okla. with all the nice weather, but I think we deserve a break after that miserable summer we had last year.
I'll tell Josie you like her boots, RGINN....those have been the best pair of boots she's ever owned, this is going on 5 years of hard wear, day in and day out in those boots. Olathe makes cowboy boots that last! not to mention the flashy colors they come in ;D .
:hello:
~Carmon~

flintmel

Feb 3, 2012
Ct.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Prairie, deer, trees, water running in the creek, beautiful ancient stones, looks like you're living in a paradise

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
flintmel said:
Prairie, deer, trees, water running in the creek, beautiful ancient stones, looks like you're living in a paradise
Yep, paradise indeed, Flintmel....and we give thanks everyday that we are so Blessed. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
Thanks for the comments~~~

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. Bought a pair of Olathe's in Elk City about 4 years ago, and they may outlast me.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Yep. Bought a pair of Olathe's in Elk City about 4 years ago, and they may outlast me.
Josie got hers in Cow Town(Okla. City) from Little Joe's Boot Shop---if you're ever in Okla. City, go to that place! They've got a big selection of tall top cowboy boots.

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Nice pictures!... The way things or going it will probably be turning green there before long.

I have always liked cowboy boots, but I can't wear them. Not that they are uncomfortable, it's just that I wear a size 13 EE :-[ They make my big feet look even bigger. ::)

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ronwoodcraft said:
Nice pictures!... The way things or going it will probably be turning green there before long.

I have always liked cowboy boots, but I can't wear them. Not that they are uncomfortable, it's just that I wear a size 13 EE :-[ They make my big feet look even bigger. ::)
:laughing7: 13EE?! You just have a good under-stand-ing, Ron. (That what my mom always tells me when I say I have big feet).

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Charmin said:
ronwoodcraft said:

:laughing7: 13EE?! You just have a good under-stand-ing, Ron. (That what my mom always tells me when I say I have big feet).
I've heard that a few times. ;D

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Charmin; Great Pics there. Thank you for sharing that. I appreciate it. PEACE:RONB :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BARKER said:
Hi Charmin; Great Pics there. Thank you for sharing that. I appreciate it. PEACE:RONB :icon_thumright:
Thank you, RONB!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread